Nicecast popping & scratching during broadcast?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by FragTek, Jul 6, 2006.

1. FragTek macrumors 6502

I don't know how many people here use Nicecast but for some reason whenever I have the broadcast running there's faint popping/clicking/scratching noises in the background of all music. The second I stop the broadcast it goes away.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a fix for it? It's rather quite annoying as a lot of times I like to listen to the music being broadcasted.

Thanks in advance!

2. eyeluvmyimac macrumors regular

That's normal behavior for the unregistered copy. I believe it gives you like 10 or so minutes of clean audio then overlays the scratches and static that you are hearing (and perhaps even an audio recording of "This is an unregistered copy" - cant remember) indiciating that it is unregistered. Obviously, if you were to buy it/register it, this would go away.

3. FragTek thread starter macrumors 6502

Its a purchased copy.

4. eyeluvmyimac macrumors regular

In that case, I have no idea. I would contact rogue amoeba about it - sounds like its some kind of tech support issue. Keep us posted.

5. FragTek thread starter macrumors 6502

it seems as if this only started happening after he last update, ill have to open a support ticket and see if I can't get to the bottom of it.

6. FragTek thread starter macrumors 6502

The problem ended up being with the instant hijack application!

Disabled instant hijack and everything is smooth again, w00t!