Nickelodeon

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Peyton, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Peyton macrumors 68000

Peyton

I consider myself a child of the 90s because I don't remember much of anything with the 80s.

Nickelodeon was my 3rd parent.

Recently I've decided to get all the old shows on DVD (that were my favorites) such as...

1. Are you afraid of the Dark?
    2. Salute your Shorts
    3. Pete and Pete (!)

Does any one have any other recommendations?
    Shows I don't care enough for to buy on DVD but liked:

1. Clarissa Explains it All
    2. Rocko's Modern Life
    3. Wild and Crazy Kids
    4. Hey Dude (this show annoyed me but I liked it for some reason)

ideas or nostalgic reminiscing are welcome!

2. mikemodena macrumors 6502a

mikemodena

Being born in 89 I too was a child of the 90's. I loved Clarissa, Pete and Pete, Rocko, Doug, Stick Stickly (!), Rugrats, Salute Your Shorts, but most of all Legends of the Hidden Temple. Seems like Nickelodeon today just doesn't have as many quality shows. Maybe that's just because we aren't young enough to be interested? I have a little sister, so I watch Nick with her often and I do sorta like Drake and Josh and even that one with the Spears girl.. PCA I think. I think I only like it because she uses an iBook. :D

On the other hand, I didn't like Double Dare, Hey Dude, Wild and Crazy Kids, or anything on Sunday actually. I remember being bored out of my mind on rainy Sundays when there was nothing good on Nickelodeon. I hated that current events show with Linda Elerby (sp.) and What Would You Do?.

What was that show that had the people being shrunk into the little puppets and they had like pie fights or whatever. I liked that one, too. I am totally on a Nickelodeon kick now.

OH! And AHHH Real Monsters was good. I liked the red dude.

3. 7on macrumors 601

7on

4. Peyton thread starter macrumors 68000

Peyton

I HATED AHH REAL MONSTERS! After like 2 episodes I was disgusted, I couldn't stand the character's voices! but it did stay on for a long time...:rolleyes: DOUG was a great show. Him and Patty (ahh-ah-ahhh-ahhh) should have got together, forget this newer version :mad:

I loved ledends of the hidden temple, except its not really a show you get on DVD you know? Its like trying to get 'who wants to be a millionare on DVD' kinda lack luster.

That 'linda elerby' show you mentioned made me laugh because I detested it and clearly remember having to go find something else to do for an hour or 30 minutes because it was soooo boring to me :)

5. amacgenius macrumors 68000

amacgenius

Oh man, Doug, Rugrats, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Rocco's Modern Life all kicked a$$! They just don't make TV like that anymore, although it's always fun to catch a rerun and remember exactly what happened!

Few weeks ago, a friend of mine came into global class wearing a Blue Barracuda's shirt, and her and I were like the only people who knew where the shirt was from.

6. Peyton thread starter macrumors 68000

Peyton

Any hey arnold lovers? I didn't like the show but I liked arnold's secret lover... forgot the name.

Rocko's modern life had one of the best theme songs imo!

7. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i love rocko's modern life that was a great show...also love Doug- wasn't Ren and stimpy on Nick?

also remember "Guts" with mike or matt omaily or whatever his name is... now's he's on Yes Dear living in a guess house.... LOL- and Mo the referee and the agro-crag :D

8. mikemodena macrumors 6502a

mikemodena

My best friend's girlfriend was on Wild and Crazy Kids and she has the shirt. I was on a special event back in the day. I happened to be on vacation when I was 7 at Universal and I got picked to be in it. I competed in all these events and I don't remember if I even did good. I just know I was so popular in 2nd grade for being on Nickelodeon a few weeks later.

9. mikemodena macrumors 6502a

mikemodena

Hey Arnold is still on sometimes.. I think. Could be wrong, but her name was Helga. I liked that show a lot too. I remember the show started when I was in 4th grade, and that's the grade he was in.

10. amacgenius macrumors 68000

amacgenius

I was at a taping for a Nick show back when I was 6 (I forget the show) but it was really fun.

Also, Hey Arnold was the ish, and Ren and Stimpy was great Saturday TV man.

11. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

hey arnold was amazing. I didn't really understand the setting though, like it was olde timey where thigns costed a nickel and then like he'd have this crazy cd-playing flip down sofa entertainment thing? What?

Old Nick was the best:
    Pete and Pete
    Doug
    Hey Arnold
    VERY old Rugrats

man just going through www.retrojunk.com really brings back old memories, much easier than listing everythign of my 90s life.

But a question to all you "Are You Afraid of the Dark" -ers. Does anyone remember the episode where like somehow these kids die or have a weird dream sequence and then like end up in a weird waiting room and gilbert gottfried was there and he was like some crazy guy that was actually going to kill them or something? Please if you remember tell me, i am dying to recall that episode and just can't.

12. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

when they canceled Invader Zim, for the better I think..., it was all down hill.

LOL, for god's sake Nickelodeon is MTV, we are all doomed, they pre-program us with current and hip kid, pre-teen and teen shows, then dazzle and confuse us with mainstream pop crap on MTV.

We might as well face facts that somewhere behind MTVs curtains, there is a button that when pressed will cause all who ever gazed upon its broadcasts, no matter what network/country, to finally create a Utopian Dream on Earth where we can all live like Count Duckula, have good friends like Rocko and eat like we were on Double Dare.

And we could have Pete's tattoo dance for me, I lost my verginitee to her I dids.

13. Peyton thread starter macrumors 68000

Peyton

Disturbing!:eek:

14. treblah macrumors 65816

treblah

Hey Duuuuuude!

Hey Dude was the best with Salute Your Shorts a close second, but only the episodes with the original cast. Awful Waffle!

Wasn't Ben Stiller's wife on Hey Dude? What about the owners son who kept trying to skateboard in the desert! And that token Native American guy? Good times. They don't make them like they used to.

15. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

You Can't Do That On Television, and Double Dare, but I don't think thats on DVD.

edit:forgot about Mr Wizard.

16. DCapple macrumors regular

DCapple

i love loneytoons...

bugs,daffy, crazy cayote,road runner and especially uncle sam yosemite!!!

[​IMG]

17. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Looney Tunes was way before Nickelodeon ever existed.

18. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I was born in 84 so, I have some late 80's early 90's thing goin on. A show that I always used to watch and could never figure out the name, I just recently found out. It's called the Noozles, it was about Koala Bears and they lived in a place called Koala-Wala Land. Other shows I remember, there was that videogame show, which I thought was the greatest thing ever. And then there's Alex Mack, Doug, Rugrats, Double Dare and probably a bunch of others.

We wasted so much time in front of the tv.

19. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Finally somebody mentioned them... I don't even know what half the shows these people are talking about... it makes me feel old. I loved watching Mr. Wizard (educational and fun!) and You Can't Do That On Television (not educational but fun!). I also used to watch Square One a lot. Man I used to watch me some edumacational TV! Square One wasn't on Nickelodeon though... this show very well may have helped push me in the career direction I am today.

20. nightdweller25 macrumors 6502

What are you guys talking about? It's all about Invader Zim.

21. asxtb macrumors 6502

I don't know. :D
    And the smiley is green! It must have been slimed!
    Better go get some water!!!

22. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

...Weinerville

And of course Doug, Alex Mack, 100 Deeds for Eddie McDowd, all the shows they air on Nick GaS now (Games and Sports Network), Rugrats, classics.

23. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

Gotta go with Alex Mack, Doug (Nick version, not Disney), and the old Rugrats

and where did you find Salute your shorts and are you afraid of the dark on DVD?

Just thought of some more but since they are gameshows I doubt they will be on DVD:

(Global) Guts
    Legends of the Hidden Temple
    Figure it out
    Nick Arcade

24. jakochampolska macrumors 6502

clarissa explains it all was probably my all time favorite, along with pete and pete. oh oh oh and the old rugrats that was soooo good, but now they really skrewed over that show.
    spongebob is the only good thing on nick nowanddays, the rest is all crap.

25. jakochampolska macrumors 6502

invader zim isnt even a classic! but I have to say it was a shame they took it off the air.