Nickels and Dimes

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by samdweck, Oct 6, 2002.

1. samdweck macrumors regular

Okay, I really have to say, like many of the people here on MacRumors, I am very loyal to apple and always have been, but it really upsets me when they talk about .Mac subscriptions and all that junk. The only reason people use .mac is b/c they r loyal to apple, and want a @mac.com e-mail address. I shelled out my 49 bucks, and next year I'll ahve to shell out 99 (or if they raise the price even more!). I don't like it! Who agrees? Why don't we petition apple to stop this before it gets out of hand? One of the reasons people don't buy mac is that they r too expensive. Well add to that and you lose part of your already small market share! Brains, Stevie-boy, brains!

2. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Use the search feature, there's like 50 threads about .mac and countless petitons against. I'm sure you'll find one that suits you :)

3. samdweck thread starter macrumors regular

thanks, but y not consolidate all of those petitions, and send one of to apple? what do you think... coudl you talk to arn about it, i don't know him well?

4. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

The problem is that the petitions are all hosted off of Macrumors so arn would have no authority.

5. King Cobra macrumors 603

If you want to sign a petition, click here.

But a radical rave such as yours will not get the job done.

>Okay, I really have to say, like many of the people here on MacRumors, I am very loyal to apple and always have been, but it really upsets me when they talk about .Mac subscriptions and all that junk.

(1) .Mac is the least bit close to junk. It's a shareware internet service, such as many of the other services you find on the net for local hosting.
    (2) If you find that the price of .Mac is substantially ridiculous, (a) get a job to pay for it, or (b) don't pay. You are not being forced to pay for it.

>The only reason people use .mac is b/c they r loyal to apple, and want a @mac.com e-mail address.

Post some statistics on this, if you may.

>I shelled out my 49 bucks, and next year I'll ahve to shell out 99 (or if they raise the price even more!). I don't like it! Who agrees?

So let's see:
    Work for a year: At minimum $1000 pay. That should help pay off .Mac for about 10 years.

Why do you want people to agree with you? If you were so pissed about .Mac when the issue was first brought about back in July, you should have complained about it then. So many people were pissed about .Mac back then, (do a search on .Mac on the forums and see how many heated threads pop up from July 17 to around the end of the month.), but people have gotten used to it now.

>Why don't we petition apple to stop this before it gets out of hand? One of the reasons people don't buy mac is that they r too expensive. Well add to that and you lose part of your already small market share! Brains, Stevie-boy, brains!

One of the reasons people don't buy PCs is overall performance with the P4 is slower than the P3, and that people realize the overall performance with the G4 compared to the P4. Once there is a better advertising scheme for the small market it will very much grow. And when companies start to see Apple as a growing competitor, there may be more chip makers for Apple, other than Motorola and IBM. Then you will most likely see prices drop.

samdweck, I think you need a few minutes outside. I'm not sure why you are so pissed at .Mac, or the prices of Macs, but get over it. It's not L/D here.

6. samdweck thread starter macrumors regular

well somebody has to collect them... and i would be willing to help!