"Nifty animation when you insert cd in your iMac" -tool ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Geth, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Geth macrumors newbie

Aug 16, 2006
    Hi there,

I recently switched from windows to mac (and yes, I've become one of those "I'm never going back to windows!" mac-addicts) and there's still something bugging me a bit...

When I considered switching, a friend of mine (who already had years of apple experience) told me about a plugin or a tool of some sorts that would show a nice animation, I'll explain here:

1 - Visualize an iMac (the new ones G5 / intel).
    2 - Now, when you insert a CD or CD-ROM / DVD (right hand side of the screen), you will see an animation on your desktop/screen that shows you a CD or CD-ROM / DVD being put in the screen (from right-to-left). As if you could see through your screen, watching you put that CD into the Superdrive.

-- The thing that's bugging me is: I can't find this program/tool !!

In the hope of some readers or posters here have heard about it or own that program, I post here, asking to help me get the name of this thing or better yet, an URL!

Thanks in advance ;)
  2. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Sep 4, 2005
    I think its called DiscTop or something.

I used to have it. Ask your friend. Sorry :eek:
  3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

Apr 27, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
  4. Geth thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 16, 2006
    THANK YOU!!!!

Thanks a lot! I've been searching on the internet for hours for this, was kinda hard to find, not knowing what words to search on (tried "insert disc" with imac graphic, etc.).

Many thanks!!!