Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

user418

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2010
This is what I've been using below. Like the idea of the new product fitting flush with the MBP though. That's a pretty good idea.

Attachments

• IMG_0014.jpg
    IMG_0014.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 449

Jacobwilson99

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2012
I pledged my $30 yesterday. Can't wait.
Same here. Such a brilliant idea.
Thanks for this! I just funded one.
I grabbed 2, can't wait to get them!
great idea, just grabbed one as well

Ok ok ok, so everyone is getting one, but what are you using it for specifically? Is it just to extend your space capacity? Backup? iTunes Library? Any photogs actually use microSD?

Maybe this question is just pedantic.

Dwhite78

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2010
I'll use it for non-critical storage. Not sure what yet, but likely my iTunes library.

NMF

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2011
When I had my MBA it was kind of a no-brainer pledge, since an extra 64gb at microSD prices was a great upgrade. Now that I changed my mind and switched to the MBP I'm not sure what I'll use it for. I'll use it for something though. :)

solidsnake32292

macrumors regular
May 29, 2010
Quick question... Would keeping the micro SD or any SD card in a retina macbook pro make the battery run out much quicker? Or Do any harm to the machine at all?? Just wanna make sure if I put photos and stuff on this it will be safe with no issues and won't kill my battery by always being plugged in n stuff or slow anything down

ReddestDream

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2010
North Carolina
Quick question... Would keeping the micro SD or any SD card in a retina macbook pro make the battery run out much quicker? Or Do any harm to the machine at all?? Just wanna make sure if I put photos and stuff on this it will be safe with no issues and won't kill my battery by always being plugged in n stuff or slow anything down

I don't think there will be a problem with power consumption. :rolleyes:

Check here:

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=15200131#poststop

NightStorm

macrumors 68000
Jan 26, 2006
Whitehouse, OH
I'd love to get one of these for my wife's laptop to allow her to keep her iPhoto library local. However, I'd want my ReadyNAS Time Machine instance to include it in its daily backups. Does anyone know if this is possible with data stored on the internal SD slot?

Wrightpd

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2012
UK
This is an awesome product, I too have backed it, have been looking for this product for a while, always wanted to utilise the SD slot but did not want the card sticking out of the machine,,, plus makes the MBP look even better as u don't ave a big hole in the side of the case

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.