Nigeria cracks down on e-scams

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Stampyhead, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

2. Omen88 macrumors regular

Omen88

Yes that's a good thing. However I can't believe that someone is so stupid to fall for such a thing. I've had outrageous offers on ebay as well from Nigerians.

3. PaRaGoNViCtiM macrumors 6502a

It's about damn time!!!
    I too can't believe people are still falling for this BS!

4. mpw Guest

The President himself intigated this clean up....I know because I had an email about 3months ago from the head of the six man team that he appointed and report directly to him.

They had found my email amongst data from a suspects PC and were worried that I may have been scammed. :eek:

All I had to do was email them back my full name, DOB, bank account details etc. and they're going to check I've not been had.

If anyone else is worried they may have been compromised you can email the president directly at edited out 'just in case' with your details and he'll have his team check it out for you.

:rolleyes: !

5. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

haha yeah you're prolly one of the scammers. people are still stupid as h*ll bc they will email all their information to that email you just posted. People are not smart when it comes to their personal information for some reason. anytime i've had outrageous offers on ebay i give them a fake name and address and the losers actually send the money order and package there. those are the most worthless people in the world, and it's sad that americans are still getting ripped off everyday.

6. mpw Guest

Good point, you may want to edit that address out of your post to protect your fellow Americans!

7. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I ran a test a few weeks ago. One of the so-called Nintendo 'leakers' claiming to have inside info engaged me in a debate on a blog, in which he was pounded to the point where he started making wild claims such as that he had an Alienware laptop with a dual core G5 processor in it.

Anyway, he claimed he had pictures to prove he was telling the truth, so I created a BRAND NEW email address and posted it on a public blog. I only posted it on that one blog, only once. Within a week...

That was fast. More reasons never to post your email publicly.