Nightmare!

Discussion in 'Community' started by gekko513, Oct 28, 2004.

1. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

I woke up from a nightmare this morning. I dreamt that I double clicked an attachment on my PowerBook, even though I somehow knew that it was a dangerous attachment.

When I double clicked it, all programs in the dock tried to start up and was jumping up and down and I knew I was infected by a virus, and I blamed myself for not having anti-virus. I was trying to shut everything down so that I could start cleaning out the virus when I gradually woke, and finally realised that I'm using a Mac and that there are no viruses for Mac OSX, yet.

I guess I got scared by that stupid root-kit news that all the news-sites have blown out of proportion.

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

You just got a taste of what every day is like for Windows users. ;)

3. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Use windows and you won't dream about it, you will live it...

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Which is worse? Your dream or this kind?

Solution to both problems: Drop out of school. That way you won't have school dreams and you'll also be illiterate, so you won't be scared by news reports! :D

5. rueyeet macrumors 65816

rueyeet

I've been known to have Excel dreams, caused by long days of cleaning up Excel files for import into Access. A nightmare both sleeping and waking.... :eek:

6. Apple Hobo macrumors 6502a

Apple Hobo

I had a dream the other night where I was in Steve Jobs' personal office. He had some ultimate über-high-res custom Apple display setup. I was going to ask him about Apple's super-secret plans, but I figured he would get mad at me. However, he did offer me a signed copy of his book, but for some reason I never got it before the dream ended. :( Some Apple lawyers were also asking me some really, really weird questions too.

Geek dreams are great. ;)