NiGHTS 2 Official!

Discussion in 'Games' started by fiercetiger224, Apr 1, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502a

2. macrumors 6502a

madmax_2069

WOW , i can honestly say this is way long over due, i am glad they finally decided to do it

3. macrumors regular

Yeah, this thing is a week or so old! It's awesome though.

I remember playing it at GameStop back when I was a Wii little kid and dreaming of owning a Sega Saturn... Then I looked at the price tag.

Countless hours were spent in front of that kiosk however...good times, good times. :cool:

4. macrumors 6502a

madmax_2069

if the developers play there card right this can be one of Wii's killer app's. this game has the ability to sell allot and go gold

5. macrumors Core

Dagless

This is simply huge.

What a great show on the internets behalf. It's great how it was worked out by the subtle clues (the star image, the shape of the fingers...).

If Sonic Team doubles the score of their games with the Wii controller then I'm hoping they do a great job on this one. It's already on my "to buy" list just going off how awesome the internet as a whole thinks of it.

6. Guest

Sky Blue

so...when was the last time Sega made something good?... seriously

7. macrumors Core

Dagless

Nights 1?

8. Guest

Sky Blue

Right, and as Naka and Oshima aren't involved, I don't have my hopes up. That said, pleasedon'tscrewitupsegapleasedon'tscrewitups
    egapleasedon'tscrewitupsegapleasedon'tscrewitupsegap
    leasedon'tscrewitupsega

9. macrumors 6502

Yawn. What was all those strongly opinioned words about leaving classics, classics in another thread? ;) Seems some have already changed their tune off of internet chatter alone...

I played the original and it wasn't really all that. Seeing as how the original team isn't even involved thankfully means it might be a little different, but that will peave the fanboys....but it could mean worse yet: just some development team trying to recapture some half glory that existed because the game had some cult/underdog status and failing misserably because the guy that made the first one what it was isn't involved...

So it's either nothing like the original or sort of like it but wattered down and out dated. Or miracle of miracles the Sega team miraculously gets its stuff together for a game that probably has half the budget of all their latest attempts.

Paul

10. macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Sorry to ask but what is NiGHTS?

Whats the story and everything like that.

11. macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

That article is dated April 1st.... are you sure this isn't a cruel joke? ;)

12. thread starter macrumors 6502a

http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=82713

At the time of the article posting it was like 2:58 AM this morning, although IGN has a date of April 1st...It might be a cruel April Fools joke, but someone else at the Game Trailers forum posted a thread 2 days ago, on the 31st, not on April 1st. :eek:

13. macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I loved Nights (and especially Xmas Nights) so I'm pretty excited about this news.

The thing is Nights was always one of those sleeper hits, and at this point so much time has gone by it has lost its mainstream appeal to be a blockbuster for the Wii. I'd almost like to see this on the DS with similar graphics as the original.

14. macrumors Core

Dagless

April Fools day (more like morning) ends at midday. unless IGN are based on the very far edge of the timezone, it's real.

15. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, like I said, I didn't see the article appear until like 2:50 AM this morning. So it's definitely way past April Fools day. :)

16. Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Touchscreen NiGHTs variant on DS please? :D How cool would that be?

Mmm, I think the Wiimote and NiGHTS may make an exciting combination.

17. macrumors 68030

SamIchi

As exciting as this is, I doubt Sega's ability to make a good game. As much as I want this to be AAA material. I highly doubt it.

18. thread starter macrumors 6502a

True enough, after several screw-ups of Sonic. But I have faith in Sega on this one.

This is ONE title they can't screw up. Since they already screwed up Sonic, why would they want to screw this one up, especially since they haven't made a sequel to this title in over a decade? They'd better not screw this up! :mad:

19. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Source: IGN

Looks like they re-posted this time with more official news. It's definitely not an April Fools joke. :) AWESOME!!! CAN'T WAIT!!! It's even more of a reason to get a Wii now! :D

20. macrumors 65816

it5five

I'll just plug in my Saturn and play the original.

I still don't have a Wii. :(

21. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Start saving your pennies! It's supposed to come out by this holiday season...So you may be able to grab one by the end of the year if you start saving now... :)

22. macrumors 65816

it5five

I could buy one right now (if any were available), but it'd be really irresponsible/stupid of me since I have so many other things to pay for. I'd hate myself for dropping $250+ on a purchase like that. I have panic attacks when I go DVD shopping (about $80 per trip), so I can't imagine what would happen if I bought a Wii.

My brother has one though, so I'll just tell him to get the game and I'll go to his house to play it.

23. macrumors regular

I'll be watching for this one. Hopefully it's good! I never played the original, but I'm curious to see what all the excitement is about.

About Sega not being able to make good games.... It's true that they've had a bad run lately, but F-Zero GX was good (if difficult), and Sega made that. I also enjoyed Super Monkey Ball, which is a Sega property. :) Haven't tried the Wii version of SMB, though....

24. macrumors regular

SMB for Wii is insanely tough but you feel like you want to beat whatever levels to see what they have next. It's awesome.

25. macrumors regular

Cool. I'll probably be looking at getting some more Wii games in the not-too-distant future, so I'll probably give this one a try.