Nike + on iPod with video

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Sensfan67, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Sensfan67 macrumors member

Dec 27, 2006
    Anyone know if this is possible? Hacks? I have the shoes but I'm so sick and tired of all of this iPod Nano crap. Thanks!
  2. Sensfan67 thread starter macrumors member

Dec 27, 2006
  3. twoodcc macrumors P6

Feb 3, 2005
    Right side of wrong
    not that i know of. you can google to see if someone has hacked it
  4. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Nov 17, 2003
    i dont think so. thus the lack of posts here.
  5. Vader macrumors 65816

Oct 11, 2004
    St. Louis, MO
  6. net26 macrumors member

Aug 30, 2006
    the reason the 5G's don't support it is because it has a hard drive (moving parts) which can get damaged while running... if they allowed nike+ with regular iPods they would have many more iPods to repair in the warranty period, which would cost them more money than they would make selling the kits. furthermore, anyone who wants to use it, needs a nano regardless of what kind of iPod they may or may not have, and therefore HAS to buy a nano as well.
  7. Sensfan67 thread starter macrumors member

Dec 27, 2006
  8. sturigdson macrumors regular

Apr 3, 2006
    I don't think so. Why would Apple want to not sell more of their high-yield expensive video ipods?

The real reason is because of the HD fragility issue mentioned above. spinning HDs are definitely not meant to go on long runs. It's not that they could be damaged so much as they almost definitely will be damaged. Then apple would have to deal with many more complaints, replacements, custumer service nightmares that they can easily and rightfully avoid.
  9. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Aug 15, 2006
    The Rainbow Nation RSA
    It could be marketing for people whoi already have 5G iPods to go buy nano's just to use nike+ iPod stuff!
  10. PYR0M310N macrumors 6502a

Aug 29, 2006
    well it worked on me and i certainly don't regret it, best £140 i ever spent
  11. Sensfan67 thread starter macrumors member

Dec 27, 2006
    Sorry, that's what I meant. These still work with the 1G ipod nanos though, right? I was thinking of buying my friends used nano from him.
  12. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

Oct 24, 2003
    The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    Hey--I just bought a pair of Nike plus running shoes and have a video iPod as well. I have been searching for a hack. I have run with the iPod video and have a good case, so it's not an issue for me about "hurting" the iPod. Haven't found a hack yet--hard to search google for ipod video with nike plus, etc, as the results that come up are videos of the nike plus with the ipod...frustrating, thinking about selling my 5G ipod as this functionality looks cool and I don't often use the video function, but I do like having 30 GB......
  13. nate13 macrumors 6502

Feb 16, 2004
    Fargo, ND
    first: i havent seen any hack, i just quick googled some and nothing poped up. second... why? if you go out and purchase a nano 1g on the marketplace here in the forums for 50 bucks, even if its scratched up, you will have a much better experience. the thing wont be floppin around when you run, or you wont have to worry about killing your 200+ investement.