Nike+?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by laidbackliam, Jul 8, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502

does nike+ work with the iPhone? i haven't heard anything, but man, it should. you'd be able to upload info right after the workout.

2. macrumors 68020

if not, it would be nice if supported it.

I haven't tried it yet, but I have carried it on me while running.

3. macrumors member

I was really hoping that it would but unfortunatly it doesn't ... Really hope they fix this...

4. macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

They wont because the nike add on will interfere with the WiFi, though it would be great to automatically upload all your running info to your profile without your computer.

5. macrumors 6502

dont you think iphone is a litle , lets say bigger than a nano ? NIKE+ was designed for nano and if you wanted the regular ipod.. i just cant imagine someone running with an iphone on your arm.

6. macrumors 68020

I run with the cell phone in my pocket...they do make an arm sports band for the phone.

In fact it would be nicer on the iPhone because of the significantly larger screen.

7. macrumors member

Well yes the nano is small but the main reason apple chose that was because of the flash memory... Since the iPhone uses flash many would only hope.

8. macrumors 6502

Nike+ for iPhone?

Any update on this?

Will they make this work on the iPhone? If so, I would buy it, but I'm not also buying a Nano my wife & I both use the :apple:iPhones (would not make sense), we love our all-in-one device!

9. macrumors P6

twoodcc

it would be nice and all, but seriously, i would not want to sweat on my iPhone

10. macrumors 6502

That's what this is for... :D
    (I want the Nike+ feature on my iPhone!)

Belkin Sport Armband for iPhone
    Enjoy your workout and keep your iPhone handy with the Belkin Sport Armband. Price: $29.95

Attached Files:

11. macrumors 65816

I'll be completely shocked if they decide to make the iPhone compatible with Nike+.

12. macrumors 68020

why?

13. macrumors member

would this be something that developers could do? say by some "hack" like with any of the native applications that can now be ran on the iphone?

14. macrumors 65816

Because they have specifically positioned the Nike+ kit around the nano. Yes, the iPhone is similarly flash based, but there are also plenty of people out there who spent years working out with a full-sized ipod and didn't have any issues.

It's simply they way they've designed and marketed the system.