nikon coolpix 8800

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by puckhead193, Jul 18, 2005.

1. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

So this weekend i got my birthday present. I ended up getting a nikon coolpix 8800. i didn't like the canon pro 1, the zoom was slow. I like the camera from the few pictures i've taken it has amazing quality. The pictures look sharp. The only thing is the camera body when griping it like a DLSR the body, IMO, is small making it akward....
    One question i had is when i half press the shutter button to focus the camera the camera makes a weird clicking noise...is this normal? Also in the dial mode, whats the difference between "M" and "P".......

here's a random picture... (i had to reduce the size so i can upload it:rolleyes:)

Attached Files:

2. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

[EDIT]The noise you hear when you press the button half way is normal. The camera is setting focus and exposure. Regarding M and P (from the manual)
    I use M with a Sekonic Twinmate L-208 light meter which lets me know what to set my shutter speed at given a static F-Stop and ISO setting.

3. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

i had a question so instead of doing a new thread i thought i would add on to mine....
    in the view finder, is the image supposed to take up the whole "screen" or is it supposed to be black a little bit on each side... (left/right) i haven't used it in a while.....
    Also i was thinking of getting the wide angle adapter do you think i should or will it be a waste?
    As always thanks for your help