nikon NEF & adobe photoshop cs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by virividox, Oct 15, 2004.

1. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    I have a d70 and shot some files on raw format and tried to open them in adobe photoshop cs as i dont have the nikon software.

i downloaded the latest plugin 2.3 camera raw and copied it over to the applications/adobe cs/plugins/file types folder replacing the old camera raw plug in there

but when i try to open it fails saying there was a program area, not other details

i click on about this plugin it says version 4.0 something, where it should be 2.3

any clues?

2. scan300 macrumors 6502

You can get replacement manuals and software from Nikon as long as you have a proof of purchase and a camera serial number. In the US the site is http://www.nikonmall.com/category.asp?search_id=8 otherwise try the other sites fro a more local service.

I haven't used a d70 nor opened RAW images, but your post is a little confusing. Did you try top open the RAW files with the original plugin as installed by Adobe? Did you replace an Adobe plugin with a Nikon plugin?

Have you opened RAW images in the past from another camera? If so do you still have a RAW image on your system which you have successfully test your plugins?

Are you trying to get the RAW images off the camera through photoshop or are you able to get the images onto your hard disk first, then open them.

If you images are still on your camera, have you tried getting them off using image capture?