nine thousand and the bulls are coming?

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Aug 22, 2002.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

dow over 9,000, right this minute, is this a recovery?

and will apple's stock finally start climbing?

do you own stock? and would you ever buy apple stock?

2. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

this could be a short lived thread...when i posted ten minutes ago, the dow was at 9,015, and now it's at 9,003

:p

man, if i could only lose weight that fast...that would make me 157 and then i could be...sexy:p

i'm too sexy for my mac, and you, you're just a pc touting hack

3. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

im invested most of my savings in some stock and mutual funds... yada, yada, yada...

I handed everything over to an accountant to invest for me. they send me a statement every month and as long as it keeps going up i am happy.

I really don't pretend to understand that much about it. When i worked at a eBusiness start-up there were a lot of daytraders and cats who were very hardcore into the stock market... it just doesn't interest me.

I own a copy of boiler room.. but thats as deep as my interest goes. Just keep the money comin' baby! as for apple i own some.. but it is so diversified it really doesn't matter.

4. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

I don't think the market's gonna get too much higher. I think we're in a double dip recession. This is just the calm before the second storm. I'm taking my profits and running

5. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

the only person i know of who made money in northern california during dot.com was a chop shopper...venture capitalists have too much advance information and during dot.com, with fewer laws regulating dot.com/e-commerce/internet laws, it was a boiler room orgy

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I own a few of Apple - more of an emotional buy than anything else - got it at just over 20.

If we see the DOW over 10,000 by the end of the year I'll be surprised, happy, but I don't expect it.