Ninja Or Jedi (who would win)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Royal Pineapple, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

is'nt childhood great, i got in an argument today with one of my friends (an arogant self-centered prick, I use the term friend losely) anyway the question was "who would win in a fight, a jedi or a ninja. what is your oppinion?

2. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Ahem, childhood? You're a bit older than I. You're no child. We're young adults, yes. Kids, even. But we're not really children.

Anyway, it seems quite clear to me that anyone equipped with some sort of laser sword (i.e., light saber) would have distinct advantage in a fight with weapons.

If it were, as I like to call it 'slappers only,' the it would be anybody's game.

3. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

Jedi without a doubt. A jedi would yoink the ninja's weapon with his force powers and then slice him in half with his lightsaber!!!! :D

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

If he was still alive. :D

5. thecow macrumors 6502

A jedi could cut through a ninja's sword with their lightsaber so a ninja could not be able to a jedi put punch him or her. and lightsabers have longer ranges than a punch.

6. yamabushi macrumors 65816

yamabushi

No contest

A good jedi would sense the presence of the ninja as well as his intention to attack. This would void most of the benefit of a sneak attack. Missile attacks could easily be dodged, deflected, or thrown back at the ninja. Face to face the ninja wouldn't have a chance unless the jedi was unarmed. Even then, the jedi could just push him back or pick him up using telekinesis.

7. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

The ninja walks in darkness, unable to be seen by the power of the force.

8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

you're just making things up, here.

There isn't enough to really go on, since a Jedi has powers beyond any Ninja, who is just a highly trained human.

A Jedi would walk all over a Ninja in a face to face fight...the only way a Ninja could win would be to poison a Jedi without him knowing or with out the Jedi's abilities to detect - quite a tough trick.

Food, water or some such left for the Jedi might do it - but even then his senses might save him.

D

9. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

i gotta agree... heck, the purpose of a ninja is to flip out and kill people ;) esp jedi knights :D

10. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

The Terminator with a shotgun would win hands down.

11. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

hey wait... if we can pick anybody than i'm goin with macgyver

12. MacRumorSkeptic macrumors regular

JEDI NO CONTEST!!! It would take probably 100 ninja's for a Jedi to even break a sweat. I'd love for the ninja crowd to name a ninja who could kill a Rancor, Jango Fett, and take out a whole village of Tusken Raiders.

13. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

He has a valid point.

14. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

well since we're comparing fantasy to real life, Id say a jedi would win. But how about if we compared two fantasy characters:

A Jedi from Star Wars
    A ninja from Naruto (a ninja manga, where ninjas have super powers)

[​IMG]

Luke Skywalker
    Jedi Knight

Abilities: Can manipulate the force at will- these manipulations include and are not limited to: object manipulation (levitation, etc.), enhanced sensory abilities, enhanced strength and weapon weilding.

[​IMG]

Hatake Kakashi
    Jounin (upper level ninja)

Abilities:Super enhanced speed/strength/agility, knowledge of over 1000 jutsus (special abilties that do things like summon a fireball using hand symbols), the Sharingan, which is a special ocular ability that allows its user to track the movements of someone, even if they are traveling at faster than the speed of sound, copy jutsus and even (with the use of hypnotism jutsus) subilimally suggest to the opponent a jutsu/movement to perform and then doing the same one. A major psyche-out on the last one. He also has Chidori, which is a jutsu that uses an extreme amount of chakra (body energy) focused into the hand. Forms a blade capable of cutting through anything.

If I was to pit those two together, Id say Kakashi would win. He has much superior speed, agility and strength. Not to mention he has the sharingan. A jedi couldnt keep up.

15. Huked on Fonick macrumors 6502

16. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

He's the Hero :D

I think the Jedi would win

17. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Kakashi would win cos he has a much cooler haircut...

The ninjas were prepared to give their lives for a particular mission, plus they wore black, again much cooler.

maybe what we need is a ninja Jedi, that would kick some arse.

18. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Jedi, Ninja, or whomever, no one can match the skill of a true Klingon warrior.

19. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

Luke wore black in Return of the Jedi. I guess that puts them on even ground, doesn't it?

Still, the dark jedi, like darth maul, would easily win. They have force jump, the ability to pickup people and crush their windpipes with the force, and force lightning, which obviously kicks ass.

20. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

not even close

Jedi.. Ninja.. whatever... :rolleyes:

Lucky the Lucky Charms mascot would whip all their asses. You don't **** with the Irish. He's liable to go Irish Crazy and kill your whole family.

Attached Files:

21. dwishbone macrumors regular

who would win? a ninja? a jedi? neither.
    the winner would be a ninja jedi :D

22. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    i would have to say not the ninja or the jedi, but their mommas!!!

23. coopdog macrumors 6502a

Re: not even close

hahahaha

24. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I love martial arts, so my opinion is biased, but I say the ninja.

Reasons? A ninja could very easily avoid a light saber, and avoid having a weapon destroyed by a light saber. Plus throwing stars, darts, and weapons of that sort could be used vs a jedi.

scem0

25. jasylonian macrumors regular