Nintendo applies for voice to text software patent

Discussion in 'Games' started by DISCOMUNICATION, Feb 5, 2006.

1. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I understand what they are doing. imagine playing someone online in a massive war type game and then u hear this 12year old speaking for a masive warrior.......i guess trying to make it as real as possible....or are they just converting voice with text?

Bless

2. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

This sounds very interesting, especially the part where the text will grow larger if you scream into the microphone. However, I would rather just have an entirely voice used system. I think it would take away from an online game if you had to read the text instead of just listening. I know that computer games use text but that's one of the reasons I like XBOX Live so much.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Thats one of the reasons why I don't have Xbox live anymore. I know you can turn voice off but then you lose a vital form of communication.

could be smart to then turn the text into voice if you wish. still making text the primary element.

4. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Oh, that is just awesome. I don't like voice chat in game except with people I know, but I love text chat (which can't be done with a console). Best of both worlds!

I wish they'd put a link to the actual patent though.