Nintendo DS and iMac Core Duo

Discussion in 'Games' started by Tehy, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Tehy macrumors regular

2. kinesin macrumors regular

Hi Teby,

The DS works with any 802.11b (11mbps) wireless access point ( tho you might need to open up a few ports.
    28910, 29900-29901, 29920

The offical Nintendo suppled USB wifi stick is to allow users who only have wired dsl/cable to turn their PC into a wifi base station - and it's only PC compatible :(

If you're using your MacBook via the RJ45, then I imagine that the build in wifi hardhare will be able to act as an access point - But I'm guessing. I can tell you on friday once my DS arrives :D

If you have Wifi network already, you won't need the USB stick.

3. Tehy thread starter macrumors regular

4. kinesin macrumors regular

I think you will be okay - if there's a way to get the Mac to act as a base station. The orignal Airport Express had issue IIRC, however the Airport Extreme card is supported. This link has some info on getting the base station to work. I'm too new to Mac's to know how to set up a ad hoc network - Check the networking FAQs.

5. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Your iMac is plugged in via Ethernet, but it has Airport, right?

Has anyone tried using their Mac to create a network and have the DS connect via the Mac with no router in-between?

6. themanfromvlad macrumors 6502

themanfromvlad

If you are getting your internet via ethernet and have an iMac or any other Mac with Airport card built-in, follow these steps:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20051119155606277

That's how I connect at work!