Nintendo DS Lite to Launch in 3 different colours

Discussion in 'Games' started by shadowmoses, Feb 10, 2006.

1. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

White, Ice Blue, and Enamel Navy

I think I prefer the white one but in the flesh the Enamel Navy may be very tempting.....I'm surprised they arent launching a pink version for the ladies...

Shadow

2. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

I probably prefer the white one too, but would like to see them in reality.

I would guess that there will be plenty of 'Limited Editions' in different colours in the future, including pink.

3. mac.head.high macrumors regular

mac.head.high

Black would be tight. But that would imply that I would have to take my hands off my G5. And thats a Sin I can't absolve.

4. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

The navy one is definitely cool. But hard to go wrong with white.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Enamel Navy looks stunning. gotta say that's the most regal looking handheld I've seen.

then again I like the Ice Blue too, and Crystal White. heh. No idea which I'd get. by the time they hit UK shores there will certainly be extra colours.

6. takao macrumors 68040

takao

knowing nintendo europe they will launch with a single color and add no so nice ones later ;)

that aside i think making the stylus a little thicker is not so bad after all .. found it on the border of being to thin .. same for the thing which can be put in the GBA slot..nice addition for those who don't own any gba games

that aside i just got some nice studentfee/tax/job confirmations so it looks like the DS lite isn't ruled out for me ;)

7. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I think they all look nice. Personally, I would go for the Enamel Navy... Unfortunately, I already have a DS.

8. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

I was hoping for black:( . A well the navy's fairly nice but knowing Nintendo Europe we're not going to see that anytime soon...

9. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

The Navy is nice but i will have to go with the white.

Bless

10. crachoar macrumors 6502a

Like I asked before...

What's a brotha gotta do to get a black DS (lite)?

11. hofnar macrumors regular

hofnar

Hehe, I'm excited. The last handheld I owned was an orginal gameboy. My teammates play PuyoPuyo Sun all the time, and they got me addicted. Ive already bought PuyoPuyoHyperChu, although I have to wait for the DSlite still. :p

12. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

I've been telling myself that I would wait till the DS hit's $99 before I buy one (or they release a good MMORPG - preferably Zelda themed) but the white 'mini' DS might make me breakdown.

Sadly they are increasing the price with the release of this new unit by about $15. Maybe I will at least wait until this new model is down the the same price point as the old one.

13. thegreatluke macrumors 6502a

thegreatluke

This is sweet...
    though one of the pages said $150 rather than $130, but it's probably worth the difference.

Does anyone know an approximate date for North America release?
    Knowing Nintendo, they'll have one fugly color and then launch lites in nice colors just after I buy one of the fugly DS lites.

14. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

The closest date is "after Spring" according to IGN.com.

BTW, everyone thinking about white might want to reconsider, it will show dirt I'm sure (and scratches).

15. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

"After spring" is after June 21 or so officially, so that kinda sucks. And I think any of these colors will show scratches if they're as glossy as they appear in the images (although I suspect those are rendered 3D, not real photos).

16. SeaFox macrumors 68020

SeaFox

I gotta vote for the Navy, too.
    I wish they weren't so wide. But I say good for Nintendo finally realizing the foldable design is superior (keeps the screen scratch free and helps keep junk from getting into the controls when not in use).

17. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Some info thats coming to light...

the DS Lite has multiple levels of brightness, with the current DS being halfway up in this brightness list... the new screen has to be very bright :)
    GBA games poke out the bottom because of the new shrunk size.
    the stylus is longer, something I wanted after using my Pocket PC.

Battery life is increased too, but on maximum brightness its about the same as the current DS, and it charges in 3 hours. not 4.

18. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

I would have to get the white... but the navy looks pretty nice :rolleyes:

I'm very unfamiliar with the DS. Will these DS lites play GBA and Gameboy games as well as DS?

19. lem0n macrumors regular

lem0n

white looks like mini iBook... :D I'll get it import from Japan, Nintendo Europe will take forever, now they're stocking the DS again [there was a shortage after Christmas, thank God I almost bought it then :D ]

20. thegreatluke macrumors 6502a

thegreatluke

I imagine it will play GBA games like the DS, since there's a slot.

The DS never played Gameboy games.

21. hofnar macrumors regular

hofnar

This is going to sound stupid, but I plan on buying it on the day it comes out. From it's past success, is there a chance that most places will sell out the day of release?

22. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

Definite chance of that, I know I had to wait a few weeks for a GBA SP after it came out.

23. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Depends where you live. I could attempt to buy a game or new console in the middle of Manchester and find it sold out in every shop there. A quick toddle off too Oldham or a similar smaller town on the outskirts will have plenty of supply.