nintendo ds touch screen? brasso?

Discussion in 'Games' started by i-Apple, Dec 11, 2005.

1. i-Apple macrumors newbie

since im a heavy ds user i have a crapload of hairline scratches on the touch screen, do u think brasso would effectively get rid of em??

2. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Although the thought of it scares me to pieces this guy claims to have used it successfully. Let us know how you go...

The worst that could happen is you can give yourself a real good excuse to pick up a red one.....

3. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

brasso + touchscreen = can't possibly be good.

4. mechamac macrumors regular

I've got a lot of tiny hairline marks on my screen too (damn Nintendogs!). They're too small & fine to call scratches, in my opinion. Hopefully the marks on your screen are like mine - they really only show up if I'm looking for them, and when a game is running they're just about completely impossible to see.

My advice is to play a fun game and take your mind off 'em. For an inexpensive gizmo with a touchscreen I think the DS holds up really well (though I'd love it if you could buy some cheap touchscreen replacement).

5. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I got those same scratches on my DS's first week playing WarioWare. I agree that I've never even noticed them since though. You really have to go looking on the right angle in the right light.

p.s. I can recommend one of those cheap screen protectors too i-Apple. If you restore you screen/decide to leave it how it is it will ensure the finish on your screen won't head south again.

6. DEXTERITY macrumors 6502a

get the screen protectors which are licensed by Nintendo. If you mess up your top screen, let me know.

7. maddav macrumors 6502

maddav

When I had a PSP I bought a screen protector, when I got my iPod I got an invisibleshield, however when I got my DS I didn't bother. The bottom screen is pretty resistant, though I do have a few scratches I never notice them, and they most certainly do not detract from gameplay. As for Brasso? Using that makes my stomach turn over, but I guess it would do the job.

8. i-Apple thread starter macrumors newbie

im actually too scared to use the brasso now, i think ill probably wait till the scratches actually effect my gameplay, its just an eye sore right now, still just bearable :p

9. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

brasso with a screen:eek: ...dude seriously dont do that if u like your DS. if u r going to ruin it just mail it to me i'll find a good home for your DS.

Bless

10. reberto macrumors 65816

reberto

Find a home for mine :D

11. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

sure can. send the games too....i got a great home for them
    :)

bless

12. i-Apple thread starter macrumors newbie

i got another question, does your colour on the ds screens seem a little faint in colour, i compared mine to the screenshots on the official site, and it seems ALOT weaker in colour, i hope this is universal, thanks :)

13. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Dude, they always make photos on the official site look better than the real thing. ALWAYS. Since we can't actually see your screen, we can't really tell you if your "faded" is a bad "faded" or a normal "faded". My screens look pretty damn vibrant and sharp, but they don't look as vibrant or sharp as those photos.