Nintendo DS Wi-Fi Connection

Discussion in 'Games' started by pablofmichel, Apr 26, 2006.

1. pablofmichel macrumors newbie

Apr 24, 2006
    I have a Nintendo DS and an iMac 17" G4 and a Cable Ethernet DSL Connection, and I would like to make use of my Nintendo's capability of connecting to the internet. I have looked on the internet, but for all manuals I have read you need an AirPort Car, and sadly, I don't have such card. Does anyone know if there's any other way of getting my Nintendo DS to connect through my iMac to the internet? I have a router with USB port for other connections but it's not a WLAN router (>>This one<<). Thanks for any help in advance, although I'm pretty sure that I won't get anything good out of this...
  2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

Aug 20, 2005
    Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
    Nintendo sells a wireless device for that i think..check with them.....why don't you fork up the $$ and get a wireless router.

3. ravenvii macrumors 604

Mar 17, 2004
    Melenkurion Skyweir
    Nintendo does sell a USB wifi card, but I highly doubt it has OS X drivers.

The only way you can take your DS online is to add AirPort to your iMac or buy a wireless router.
  4. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

Feb 10, 2004
    Yup, that is correct. No Mac support for the WiFi usb connector. An Airportcard or a wireless router are your best bet. You MIGHT be able to pull it off with a generic WiFi USB adaptor, but better off with an actual AiPort card.

You could also try a wifi bridge that connects to a wired port on your router, but I suspect that the configuration would be a real headache.