Nintendo micro?

Discussion in 'Games' started by carve, Apr 27, 2006.

1. carve macrumors 6502a

carve

Does anyone have any opinions about the micro i was thiking about getting it for $80.

Thank you!:)

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

It's very snazzy. Very small but still, somehow, playable. It's the best way to play GB games, best buttons, more battery life, ultra sharp and bright screen.

IMO, of course.

Worth it for $80... £44! Yowza. They've started bundling Pokemon Emerald with Micro's in the UK now but still going for £69. IIRC.

3. carve thread starter macrumors 6502a

carve

Nintendo Game Boy Micro 20th Anniversary Edition

Is the Nintendo Game Boy Micro 20th Anniversary Edition a good buy because it looks really cool!

4. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

I enjoy mine a little bit, but GBA games are really on their way out since everything good is on PSP and DS now.

5. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I always wanted the 20th Anniversary Edition, it looks sweet! I don't own a micro but I've seen it and it's nice, buttons are a little too cramped for my tastes.

If you are considering ever getting a DS one day, I would wait a bit because I read that the new DS Lite might be upgraded to play original Gameboy games (something the regular DS can't do). But it might not be true so who knows.

6. Oblivious macrumors 6502

As far as I know, the Gameboy Micro cannot play regular Gameboy games either, but don't quote me on that.:p

7. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

the micro looks cool and i'll bet it's beautiful and $80 is a pretty good deal, but i'd be concerned about injuring my hands slowly but surely... i have a Nokia 6010 cell phone and it's a little bigger than the micro and the 6010 hurts my hands after a while playing games. (i have one of the newer GBA SP's with a brighter screen... freakin' beautiful! they cost $80 new too.):D

8. turbodub macrumors regular

Micro's are super small...maybe even too small. Personally, I'd pony up the extra dough for a DS (lite preferebly), but if you're into GBA game a lot, I think the micro is awesome.

9. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

It's incredibly sleek, great design. I got the LE anniversary edition and it's sweet. You might prefer the larger size of the SP though. Either one is great. They don't really have any flaws unless you're size specific.

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

That logic sort of works, but if this guy has never played GBA before then he has 6 years of godlike games that he hasn't played yet. Therefore; it's new to him.

If you do get one there are plenty of top rank games to get;

Mario Advance series (Super Mario Bros 2, Mario World, Yoshis Island, Mario Bros 3)
    Golden Sun series
    Mario Kart
    Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission
    WarioLand
    Street Fighter Alpha 3 (though it has more characters than STA3 on the arcade, somehow)
    Sonic Advance series
    Astro Boy
    some random platform Dragon Ball Z fighting game
    Advance Wars series
    Mario and Luigi Super star saga
    Final Fantasy 1, 2 and 4 (I think, might have been 3 or 6) and Tactics
    Gunstar Super Heroes
    Zelda Link to the Past and Minish Cap
    Pokemon Leaf Green/Fire Red and Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
    Tetris Worlds
    Fire Emblem series

They're the obvious ones too. I mean, we all like games that score poorly too. whether or not we own up to it ;)

11. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Don't forget Gunstar Super Heroes, only a few months old and a great shooter :D

12. turbodub macrumors regular

I've just picked up Yoshi's Island and have been playing on my DS. It is awesome...definitely one of the best platformers ever.

13. benpatient macrumors 68000

you forgot all the Zelda games on GBA, including the exclusive (and excellent) Minish Cap game.

It might be the first video game that my wife has played through to completion since the NES...

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Good point! I knew I was missing something. edit time.