Nintendo Players 2.0...it begins.

Discussion in 'Games' started by GFLPraxis, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Is this what I saw a long time ago? Can't wait to see it fully working :)

2. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

3. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

4. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

no offense GFLPraxis, but that whited-out mario or luigi on the banner doesn't look to great... it just seems odd. if you made that, could i have a link to the original of that mario/luigi thing? :D

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

The ad thing sucks. it's some bouncing Windows pop-up lookalike annoying the hell out of me.
    The Miyamoto article isn't working properly. Page 1 works, but nothing else.
    Some design problems on the Mario Kart image too, the typeface looks out of place, the white D also overlapping the white part of the track could do with sorting out :eek:

6. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

The "WINNER WINNER WINNER" banner gave me a short seizure but other than that kudos! nice site :D

7. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Yeah, we just corrected that but it'll take an hour for the changes to show. Rob is going to go through all the advertisements tonight and kill the ones that mess with the site layout.

Please post all bugs in this thread and we'll try to have them fixed ASAP :) We had to rush the site out a little as we promised it at Wii launch so there's a couple minor bugs (mainly in IE).

We've got some major upgrades coming on top of this in the next couple months; custom-built forums to replace the crap PHPBB ones, blogs, possibly bonuses to regular contributers like web space, etc.

8. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Personally I would make the layout fluid instead of fixed. Looks bad on my 2005FPW

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Echo this. the width looks to be just over half the size of the screen. Noticeable on my 17" screen too.

10. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Meh, you people that keep your windows maximized... bleah!

Fixed is always nicer for article presentation.... i mean, who would even want to read a newspaper if paragraphs ran the entire length of the page... or worse... of the entire paper!

11. wako macrumors 65816

lol.. got a kick out of...

"The number one source for Nintendo Innuendo"

I love sites that do that. Their poll probably consisted only their webmaster :p

12. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

I don't keep my window maximized at all.

13. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Then "dang you people that keep your browser windows at ridiculously large sizes!", heh.

14. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

adblock pro is free for FF users:)

15. mkaake macrumors 65816

That main logo in the middle of the page... main.png... is 256k. On my slow 384k DSL, that took a full 7 seconds to finish loading after the rest of the page.

1/4 of a meg is a little on the large side for graphics, IMHO.

but overall, the new look is great, and far improved from version 1. The adverts in the middle of the page are 'meh', and are right in the place that typically makes me choose not to visit a website all that often. On the plus side, you seem to have them filtered semi-okay, as I haven't seen any half naked ladies yet...

16. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Thanks for all the feedback guys! We're going through big bug-hunts on the first day. Multi-page articles are working now. From our board: