Nintendo Power: August Edition.

Discussion in 'Games' started by Poff, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Poff macrumors 65816

Poff

Does anyone subscribe to this? I can't get it because I'm not in the States. August edition will come with a trailer for the new Zelda-game with 5.1 surround. So if anyone subscribe to this, I would be very glad if you could rip the trailer and post it somewhere. :)

And hey, if you own three Nintendo products, you can register them and get a 3 month free membership right now. Explanation at the bottom of this page. Prax, I guess you qualify for this in loads, no?

Well, wish you all a pleasant day. Hope one of you lads can arrange this. :D

2. Brian0523 macrumors member

Help. Where are the product code numbers on the games so I can register? I can't find them anywhere.

3. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Yeah, I already knew about that. The qualifying purchases are a GBA, a GBA SP, a DS, and a GameCube.

I have a GBA SP, a DS, and a GameCube...but the serial number on my SP is gone :(

I have a friend with one, maybe I'll steal his code :D

4. Poff thread starter macrumors 65816

Poff

Sounds like a good idea! :D

You're sure no games can make you eligable? They just ask for nintendo products, you know.. :/ (but of course, Big companies often make big-mouthed statements..)

5. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Yeah, if you go to the section where you enter the codes there are only those four fields.

EDIT: DOH. There are seperate sections for console serial codes...and GAMES serial codes. So games are eligible. lol.

6. Whyren macrumors 6502a

Whyren

The trailer is pretty much the same one that's been posted on the E3-related media sites.

7. the_mole1314 macrumors 6502a

8. Poff thread starter macrumors 65816

Poff

I guess so, but I'm hoping for Zero Compression. The trailer looks like crap full-screen right now.

cool!! :D :D

9. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

w00t! I registered Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (awesome game, go buy it) and the GameCube and DS, and got three free issues of Nintendo Power...

AND a discount, $12 for 12 issues! I'm SERIOUSLY considering it :D

10. Poff thread starter macrumors 65816

Poff

Congrats! cool that it worked! :D

That's the coolest part. Can't be much more than it'll cost them to send the magazines to you.

You're officially our Nintendo informant from now on. :D [​IMG]

11. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

lol :) My friend bought the July issue in a store and got the DVD with it, apparently it has a ton of E3 trailers on as well; I'll find out if he's got Zelda :D

Hopefully the subscription issues include the disks. I know Macworld doesn't give me the disks the store issues have.

12. neonart macrumors 65816

neonart

Off topic sorry, but I clearly remember freaking out when the Super Mario Bros 2 issue of Nintendo Power came out. Me and others in school loved that game and the NP article had all the secrets, warps, maps... it was something else. I Love the 80's. My kidneys didn't hurt back then, and a prostate exam was nowhere near the foreseeable future...

LOL... ok back to Nintendo Power in 2005.

13. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Well crap. Looks like the first issue I will receive is September. Sorry.

14. thoroughbred macrumors newbie

Nintendo and Apple

Wow there are others, like me. I didn't know Apple people like Nintendo, I guess great minds think alike. Now are there any Bang & Olufsen, Nintendo, and apple fans, that'd be great. These three firms produce my favourite items. I think they are very alike. I know a lot of B & O users are Apple users, it was on an article a little while ago, on there MP3 player's software.

Any how very cool

Would luv to chat somtime.

15. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Yep, IMHO Nintendo and Apple are the innovators of their respective industries.

Me big fan of both :D

16. Whyren macrumors 6502a

Whyren

If you actually ask Nintendo Power, you can still backorder almost every single issue they've ever printed, back into the '80s.

17. Poff thread starter macrumors 65816

Poff

Hmm.. the zelda vid should be on the august issue, according to Nintendo..

18. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Heh, it's been a long long long time since I subscribed to NP. I mean, back when N64 was new :eek: I wonder if my cousin still has the very first issue.
    Also, do they have comics again? I loved the ones they had back in the SNES days. Zelda, Mario and Luigi, StarFox, classic! :cool:

19. Whyren macrumors 6502a

Whyren

Once in a great while a comic will show up, but it's fairly rare. Still good renewal stuff though: if you check their site, they often have freebies with a renewal. Last year I got the Zelda collector's GCN disc (Zelda 1, 2, Ocarina of Time & Majora's Mask) for free.