Nintendo Revolution games; Twenty launch titles and Bob Ross

Discussion in 'Games' started by GFLPraxis, Apr 9, 2006.

1. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

http://www.nintendoplayers.com/article.php?articleID=201

http://www.nintendoplayers.com/article.php?articleID=202

TWENTY launch titles? Wow. Glad Nintendo finally got the fact that they need a good launch lineup. Hope a Mario game is in there- the GameCube was the first Ninty platform to launch without a Mario game and look what happened.

2. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

I'm really glad to hear that the "nunchuka" addition will be part of the package...I would really love it if Nintendo through in another controller as well.

3. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Revolution just sounds better and better every day! Can't wait to here the 20 launch titles.

4. Poff macrumors 65816

Poff

That Bob Ross game really makes me want a DS.

Aswell as the brain games.

Something for everyone, Nintendo has. Can't wait to see what'll come to the revolution..7

5. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

20 is a fairly large selection. Considering that development is prolly or confirmed not sure cheaper for the Revo and plus the unit costing less, im sure they can pump more stuff on each unit vs getting the 360 or PS3 and then only having enough money for 1 or 2 games to walk out with

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Ah, heard about this a few days ago. 20 is certainly a nice number! At £30 a game I'd probably end up with 3-4 of those launch titles on day #1. Red Steel, Smash Bros Rev, Mario 128, Prime 3. If that does happen it would probably be the biggest event in my gaming life.

I've never heard of Bob Ross. :eek: but an art game, very well suited to the DS and Revolution. we all knew that was going to happen.

GFLPraxis; should have proof read that bit on your site ;)

RE: the 6 month game drought; I don't think I noticed that myself. Was playing Smash Bros too much :D
    That bit with Harrison alone proves to me that Nintendo know what to do this time around.

7. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Bob Ross for the Revolution!! YES.

If I get to hear, "just put in a little happy tree....right there" I'll effing explode with happiness.

20 launch titles - my money is as good as spent.

8. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I can imagine that there's more games, because:
    A) The Revolution is coming out nearly a year after the 360- more time to develop games.

B) Development is supposed to be cheaper and easier, and the Rev is based off GameCube hardware

C) Nintendo seems to be going all out- Metroid Prime 3 was even being developed in conjunction with the actual controller, and Super Smash Bros had an entire new division of the company opened up just to dedicate to that one game. Additionally, several divisions of Nintendo seem to be completely silent; they MUST be working on some secret projects.

D) There were a number of games that weren't released for GameCube by companies that are now supporting Revolution; examples are Kingdom Hearts, Burnout 3 and 4, Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2, etc. These games could potentially simply be ported to Revolution and modified to use the controller, and nobody would complain because those games have never come out on a Nintendo system. We also know that games like King Kong are being ported over.

9. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

It's very sad to see Bob Ross being exploited in this way, especially since I'm betting most people don't know the man died on July 4, 1995, aged 52.

If you're a Bob Ross fan, get yourself some paints, some brushes, a canvas (or three), and a pot of odorless paint thinner so you can beat the devil out of your brushes, and go make an actual PAINTING, not some dang assembly of pixels on a computer screen.

(Personally, I don't think he's that good of an artist. His paintings are pretty trite. But his voice is hypnotic, I love watching him, and I've always been amazed that he can produce a finished painting in about 24 minutes.)

10. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I'm going to try to compile a list of potential launch titles.

Super Smash Bros - Nintendo promised it would be a launch title.

Metroid Prime 3 - has been in development as long as the Revolution itself.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles 2, online - the first announced non-Nintendo Revolution game.

Super Mario Revolution - It's been talked about and long rumored, and Nintendo would be stupid not to have a Mario launch title.

Nintendo's new IP - Nintendo's Perrin Kaplan stated that Nintendo would debut a new IP as a launch title on the Revolution. IGN claims to have information that Miyamoto is heavily involved on the project.

Animal Crossing Revolution - This game doesn't require top of the line graphics so I imagine it's not exactly going to take ages to make. It's been confirmed to be in development.

Nintendo's cooking game has been confirmed by IGN to be in development- it was sorta shown in the Revolution demo video.

Red Steel - is already playable, first Revolution game with screenshots on internet

Cars - The game was announced as a launch title or within the launch window

Untitled Miday game - This game was announced for Fall 2006

Untitled N-space game -
    They're working on something, but who knows what?

Raid Over the River - this game was also one of the earliest announced Revolution games- but NIBRIS has yet to find a publisher. So the question is whether or not they'll find a publisher by launch.

Trauma Center Revolution - IGN claims the game is in development and may appear at E3 2006.

We also know that Activision is developing a Spider-Man 3 game (I doubt we'll see it until 2007) and EA, Lionhead, Pandemic, and several other companies have expressed interest and have dev kits.

AQ interactive is working on TWO Revolution titles (launch? who knows), Blitz is developing exclusively for Revolution, Capcom is developing a title, Natsume is developing a title, Tecmo is developing a golf game for Revolution, and Nintendo has said they will make a Mario Kart and Zelda game for Revolution and are in the planning stages (possibly development by now?).

I feel 20 titles is possible.

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I can't remember the studios name, but one place are banging out 3 Revolution games. I forget the names but they seemed like cyberpunk kinda games. Futuristic and that. they all had mad names too. Pity I can't remember more :eek: Sure Praxis will know.

12. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

I kind of see what you mean, but at the same time I feel an art game would be a good thing. I love Bob Ross, am an art student, paint in real life, yada yada yada. The hair, the voice, the PBS factor, the fact the dude could take a putty knife and lay down a tree or waterfall or whatever in 30 seconds - all awesome.

The game exploits Bob Ross no more than the Bob Ross paints and art supplies you see at the art shops, right?. I'm sure Nintendo and whoever else are paying some hefty licensing to use the Ross name.

I think the game will be great because it will expose people to something other than FPS, sports, or even RPG style games. I don't think it will be a massive seller here, but I know I'll pick it up.

Nintendo has done things like this since the Super Nintendo (Mario Paint), and I've always loved them for it.

13. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

He was the reason to watch something on PBS, I would just sit in front of the TV and watch this dude paint, His voice was so mellow and soothing as if you were the only one he was talking too and you were painting right along side him.

Attached Files:

14. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

They were just not too long knocking on that fella on the boondocks..I always got bored hearing him speak...

I could say one thing though...he sure could paint....i'm sure his family is making some $$ of the project.

Bless

15. Oblivious macrumors 6502

Oh god... that will keep me sleepless and wholly unproductive for weeks.:eek:

Add Twilight Princess to the list since it is said to be coming out just before the Rev and... oh jeez, I'm screwed.:p

16. steveolio macrumors member

steveolio

what are you talking about?!? as awesome as Bob Ross was, there was way more reasons to watch PBS and there still is. PBS is what TV should be.

17. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

Is there FF: Crystal Cronicles 2? Cause I got my GC just cause of the 1st one and the game was a joke

18. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

http://www.nintendoplayers.com/rev/article.php?articleID=131

19. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Don't expect that many Nintendo AAA titles on launch. We should be happy if there's mario 128 finally.

With Prime & Smash to follow a couple months later consecutively.

I may be the only one who liked it but I'd like a luigi mansion 2 and pikmin 3 for the system too.

20. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

If Rev does indeed release for $199 or less then I'll be pre-ordering it with a couple games I'm sure! Although most my time will probably be consumed with Twighlight Princess!

I'd actually be surprised if Nintendo sold the system for less then $199... hasn't every Nintendo home console retailed for $199 at launch?

21. GFLPraxis thread starter macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Don't forget; Nintendo promised Smash as a launch title, and Metroid Prime 3 has been in development for as long as the Revolution itself.

22. FANBOY2U macrumors newbie

Guys, sorry to be a wet blanket, but it won't be 20 full games. They are counting the games that you can download (the old Sega/Nintendo/Turbografix games) as some of those games. So it will be more like 5-7 ACTUAL real games, and the rest downloadable classic games.
    ;) ;) ;)

23. jdechko macrumors 68040

I'm excited at the possible inclusion of a 2nd controller (w/ 2 nunchaku attachments).

My launch day shopping list

Revolution
    Smash Bros
    Metroid (If out)
    Mario (if out)
    Zelda TP (if out, and I haven't got it yet)
    At least 2-3 extra controllers (I want a total of 4 controllers for SSBR)

So thats like $500 dollars: better start saving up (money and vacation time). :D

24. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I'll buy a Luigi's Mansion 2! I loved the old-school feel of the first one.

Not sure about Pikmin, but I've always wanted to try it.

25. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

There is usually a "big" Star Wars title available at launch for new Nintendo Platforms.