Nintendo revolution promo video!!! Must see!

Discussion in 'Games' started by manicdvln, May 13, 2005.

1. manicdvln macrumors member

2. jamdr macrumors 6502a

jamdr

3. manicdvln thread starter macrumors member

No, but some real creative nintendo fans out there. You have to have alot of talent to make something like that.

4. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

I can't watch it for some reason, it gets to 36 seconds and stops, right after the Gameboy thing.

5. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

6. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

That was really well done. Had me all excited for a few. Might that have actually been an official Nintendo internal presentation of some proposed console idea that got nixed?

7. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

Same here. Bad servers maybe. :rolleyes:

8. lordmac macrumors regular

Had the same problem (GRrrrrr i hate wmv files. :mad: ) I found that if you right click it and download the file and then play the file it fixes the problem. :)

9. Poff macrumors 65816

Poff

I, for one, believe this is a fake.

This quote from Nintendo does not go well together with the vid. An an extra drive to "make games"? what? And to walk towards the device so that you can walk ingame? What happens when you reach the console? No hand controllers? This was pretty much a video not to be believed.

I would never get such a device, that's for sure.

10. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I can't watch it (on my Mac, at least) - no WiMP (and I hear it doesn't work properly with Tiger anyway).

11. Poff macrumors 65816

Poff

Get WiMP! :D

It's a cool video. The people who made it must have put a lot of effort into it.. :)

12. Sol macrumors 68000

Sol

My jaw has dropped!

Well I would!

This is not a fake. It is too well done to be a fan's work. If you want to prove me wrong then you are welcome to make a fake PS3 launch video with as much polish and as many ideas as this. It almost looked like an Apple launch video like that of the Mac Mini.

The headset in the video is the wireless controller with microphone, gyroscopes and its own screens. The rumour about squeezable controllers propably refers to a hand-held control that is not seen. This video ends abruptly as if it was copied in a hurry by some corporate spy.

The player in the video put one foot forward to walk. I imagine that walking one step back would stop the in-game movement. No real-life walking would be necessary. I wonder if the console will appeal at all to couch potatoes. I guess that will be SONY and Microsoft's market.

Could there be another, more conventional console from Nintendo after this? The orange graphic bellow seems to imply it.

Attached Files:

13. CJM macrumors 65816

CJM

Umm... Wow?

If that is real... Its mind blowing.

14. Poff macrumors 65816

Poff

It's not too well done. I've seen independent people making things with the same quality. Step over to the Blender pages or some other 3d-app and you'll find things with the same quality. I'm not saying I can make such a video, because I can't. But believing there are no Nintendo fanboys knowing their way around a 3d-app is a bit harsh towards the Nintendo fanboys.

You may be right on that one.

But again, this is a direct quote from Nintendo USA:
    Source: http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?articleid=9594f668-5342-4b38-8eb1-d6bf479c4139&page=other

So the Revolution will not be shaped like a helmet. It will be shaped like a conventional box. Maybe this helmet-thingie is another extension or something? And, according to the quote, it will require a TV. So the screen will not be in the headset.

so.. I still believe it's a fake. Too bad they didn't get it out a couple of days before. They would have a whole world believing in it. But when it contradicts an article released by Nintendo, it looses a lot of credibility in my book. :(

15. Poff macrumors 65816

Poff

hm..

16. Sol macrumors 68000

Sol

No fanboy is that good

The reason that I think it is too good to be fake is that there is more to this video than good 3D renders. If it was a still then yes, it could have been a fake that anyone could have made. This video however has good 3D rendering, editing, design, ideas, soundtrack, compositing, cell-shading animation, etc. My point is that there is way too much that look and sounds right for a lonely individual to produce, no matter how talented that person may be.

Anyway, if anyone thinks that wireless controllers and more powerful graphics are revolutionary then they could just buy the X-Box 360.

17. Poff macrumors 65816

Poff

By all means, if Nintendo hadn't put that article up on their page, I would have believed this. The one(s) who made this did a great work, no matter if it's one person or several. As said, I would have believed it, but Nintendo themselves have stated it won't be like that.

Even if it won't be like this video, it's gonna be a lot more than that, baby! :D
    Nintendo all the way! :D
    Btw. Maybe I should say that the reason I don't like this type of system, is that it takes away the social aspect of gaming. That, after all, is the reason I love Nintendo. I mean, what would Mario Party be if you couldn't see the face of your opponents..? :(

hehe.. come to think of it, this video reminds me of the good old Virtual Boy, released 1995. (It flopped, as was to be expected - I don't really think the market has changed that much.)

[​IMG]

18. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

Wow, that is slick! I would say a production team of at least 5 guys with a multitude of skills each to make that!
    Nice, but how real?
    Maybe nintendo have people working of next-next gen consoles concepts, and this was one of the concepts presented once.?

19. crap freakboy macrumors 6502a

crap freakboy

some nice ideas in there but beyond that, it's soooo fake.
    However, covering all bases here, if its genuine then it'll cost a fortune.

20. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

this would change everything we know about the gamming community, if this console is real... but i have my doubts of nintendo going back to a headpiece controller after virtual boys failure. Still the video was freakin awesome i can't wait to see the revolution. :)

21. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Honestly, I think this would be great...
    ...in five years.

At this point in time it would suck. Sure, it would be great to see stereoscopic 3d images popping out at you, with surround sound headphones, a microphone, etc. But you wouldn't truly be immersed in the game. You'd still be holding a controller.

Now, we're developing technology that can work with the brain, so that paralyzed people could control a computer without the use of their arms or legs. It's a real technology.

In five years I'd love to see that kind of console, where you control the character by thought...you see through their eyes, and see depth through the helmet...you hear what they hear with the surround sound...You can speak to people online through the microphone...it would be amazing.

But at this point in time, we're not ready for that. Not until we can control it without having to look down at a controller.

I'm fairly certain that's not the Revolution. Could be; but I hope not. Seems likely its a fake, though an impressive one.

22. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

Who's to say that an individual produced this? Some people have friends, and a group of people may have just done this for fun.

Real, live people make promo videos every day... why does a good one have to come from Nintendo's front door?

Also, the Mario model was wayyyy off. That's an even bigger giveaway than the thing being a helmet.

23. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I wouldn't be surprised if some people made this in order to get hired by Nintendo or someone else.

It reminds me of the 3d animated short movies people had to make to be eligible to be hired by Dreamworks.

24. mac-er macrumors 65816

Too bad its .wmv, so I cannot see it.

Ever since I upgraded to Tiger, I am trying to see how long I can go without downloading Windows Media Player....so far, so good.

Thank God CNN.com gives Quicktime as an option!