Nintendo Revolution to launch at $200

Discussion in 'Games' started by shadowmoses, Feb 5, 2006.

1. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Linkety Link

This would be sweet it would definatly go down well and have great sales, I can see big things for the Revo........... same price as the dreamcast launched for almost 7 years ago.....

Shadow

2. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

I really hope this will be the case. I'll be getting a Rev, regardless of the price, but if it's only $200 then that's just a VERY nice bonus. :)

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Another analyst predicting a $200 Revolution? They should join the queue, this has been said for months now.

$200=£113

I've never paid more than £120 for a nintendo home console in the UK and I've always had them in their launch week. so its no surprise really. Nintendo have always launched cheap.

4. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

Sounds good, but I doubt this analyst knows anything more than the rest of us do. $200 sounds reasonable, but I don't think $250 is impossible. More than that is too close to the 360 and PS3, less than $200 doesn't leave enough room for price cut incentives later.

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

The UK SUPER NINTENDO was around £150 on release. I bought one... :p
    N64 was like £200 on launch too...

Still cheaper than the competition though..

But I agree Analyst's talk crap and get paid huge amounts for what? A monkey in a cat suit could have predicted that...

Still no idea when we'll see a release though and if we'll be waiting ages to get it in Europe...

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

US$200 = A$267. Plus the Southern Hemisphere tax = A$300

I think the regular old XBox is selling for A$230 in stores at the moment, XBox 360 is going to be A$599 I think, or A$699, not too sure.

A$300 is pretty good, the Game Cube is at about A$169 at the moment.

7. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

I've seen new ones at quite a few places for only $99.

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

We've had this before :)
    God knows where my parents got it from but they only paid £124.99 for it. No games though. and £15 for an extra controller. I never had a Super NES. I did pay £170 for my DS because Lik-Sang struck me with one of those nasty Import Tax bullets.

9. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Really? OK, well A$99 then.

Gee that's cheap eh?

10. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Yeah I know. I saw them for that price at K-mart (but I've seen them at game shops for $99 as well) and because I get a discount there, I was soo tempted to buy one. Then I decided I'd just be patient and wait for the Rev.

11. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

I could see it launch at $200 because they want to get people to buy the system...I still won't buy one because I have never really been into Nintendo systems.

12. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

$200 would be great....but I also think it could launch at $249.99 as a bundle with a game or two and some free downloads..........and then come down to $200 6 months later.
    I'll be buying a Revolution no matter what price it is introduced at.....and probably a PS3 too, since it will have a blu-ray drive in it. I would have picked up an Xbox 360, if it were not for the terrible supply issues they had....that interest has come and gone now, so I'll probably never buy that system.

13. kingcrowing macrumors 6502a

kingcrowing

I hope I get my tax return at about that time, I'll be getting around $200-$300 or so, not too sure yet, but it will be enough to cover a Rev+ a couple games! I hope it has wifi online access for free the like DS, cause I've got a wireless router in my room, so that would be pretty sick...

14. takao macrumors 68040

takao

i hope for 200 or max. 250 with game too... even though i already find 250 stretching it .. i guess they will really launch at 200... 150 is too low perhaps and 250 too close to the competition

15. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Considering the GameCube and N64 also launched at $200, this is fully reasonable.

It *may* come with some old games or content preloaded on the flash drive, maybe, or it may not. It will probably come with one controller, but no games.

16. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

I'm hoping they start at $200 WITH a nice bundle, and then rather than a price drop after the holiday season they start selling a $169 basic kit. Then price drops and new "freebie" bundles as the years go on. To much to ask for?

What do I think would be a good bundle?
    1 "wand" controllers
    1 GC styled controller shell
    1 'nunchuk' or whatever the analog stick attachment is called
    1 mic/headset attachment
    1 demo disk with a few playable demos, a bunch of "tech demos"
    Download coupon with enough credits for 1 NES, 1 SNES, and 1 N64 game

I'm also hoping that they give you download credits with all official accessories and game purchases (not just buy Metroid get free Metroid D/Ls - rather buy a game and get 30 credits for whatever you want).

I'm also hoping that they do the "right thing" and sell extra controllers in packs that includes the basic attachments (the stuff included with the system) so game developers can count on everyone having certain stuff 100% of the time, helping to keep cross platform ports available (which is going to be important to ensuring the Rev succeeds, imo).

17. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I predict the box will contain (it will be a kick ass box too. like the PowerBook, with different sides of the product on different panels of the box);

1x Revolution, power supply, composite cables (VGA adapter sold separately)
    1x wand controller
    1x charge cable (takes AA batteries too * guess)
    1x Nunchuck, shell and not yet announced 3rd free add on.
    1x Mario 128
    1x demo disk
    5x Game downloads (if it runs off a voucher system, I forsee each game bringing virtual vouchers personally)

all at £120 (I'm guessing there will be a small $20 price drop in the months between the American and UK launch). Shops will run a special starter kit for £160 and it will get you (not boxed, but extra);

1x wand controllers (multiplayer from the starting line)
    1x Nunchuck, etc add ons
    1x 512mb SD card
    1x VGA adapter
    5x game downloads

I only read the top line of mrgreen's list to try and add my own idea of what you'd get free. I think we did quite similar o_O

18. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

You forgot the instruction booklet and epilepsy warning notice ;)

19. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^ yes don't forget that. Bring it on, i'm ready to buy.

Bless

20. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

do they still need those booklets, considering the warnings we get on game boot ups these days?

21. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

ˆ Unfortunetly it's still law, though Nintendo seem to do the whole warning thing far more than Sony or Microsoft do...

22. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Covering their backs I suppose... I mean remember the Japanese Pokemon incident! eep.

23. harveypooka macrumors 65816

The best quote on there has to be:

"Mario stuff( i've got all 120 Stars in M64...my girlfriend gave me congratulations HEAD afterward!)"

Unfortunately his girlfriend was Princess Peach.

24. nimbus macrumors regular

Do you really think Nintendo is going to sell a brand new console for $199?
    No, expect $250 or $299 with a game...or just $299. 360 is $399 and PS3 will be anywhere from $399-$499. $299 will still be cheap, though I think it will be $250. Remember, Nintendo IS a company. Even though they are giving rehashed hardware, they want to make a lot of money, and they will. Seeing how they are using slicked-up Gamecube parts for a new system...
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

25. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    What? WTF are you talking about? Every game booklet, and console booklet, hell even TV, DVD, Monitor, Computer, and every other electronic component designed to interface with video has an instruction manual that has these warnings. "More." Pft.