Nintendo UK repair?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dagless, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I sent my DS Lite in via recorded First Class delivery about a month back, complete with a covering letter of the problem (cracked hinge). I've sent them 2 or so emails but they haven't replied.

Anyone know how long this can take? I don't really want to wait the 40 or so minutes on hold on the phone :mad: I just want my DS Lite back :eek:

2. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Unfortunately it sounds like you have done as much as you can without picking up the phone, time to give them a call and demand to know what is going on.

3. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Last time I tried ringing them I was in a 40 minute queue, time before that it was an hour :mad: needs must I suppose.

4. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

When I sent in my DS for a dead pixel, I didn't fill out any of the paperwork I was supposed to, I didn't even put my return address on the label.

Two weeks (or was it three? I forget) later, I get a box from New York. My DS had returned. I figure they just checked the info I put in when I registered the SN.

5. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Just thought I'd post an update-

Rang them today... woo! only 30 minutes on the phone! I gave them my surname and postcode and they said "You should have a new DS Lite on Monday"... I sort of paused and said "new? couldn't you fit the crack?" "no sir, we ship out brand new DS Lites with this problem. Since yours is about to be processed would you have any preference to a colour?". So there we go. I wasn't expecting it to be that friendly.

I swear. My 2005WFP monitor breaks, I get shipped a brand new 2007WFP. DS gets a hairline crack, I get a new one with choice of colour. I should buy faulty items more often :D

6. Agilus macrumors regular

That's some nice luck! My Wacom Tablet broke two weeks ago, and they just repaired it and sent it back. Too bad they didn't send me back a Cintiq instead. ;)

7. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Or a small house!

8. slicedbread macrumors regular

wow, first class service from nintendo! grats!