Nintendo Wii and my Sony HDTV

Discussion in 'Games' started by M. Malone, Sep 24, 2006.

1. M. Malone macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

so I got a sony HDTV CRT (Tube), although it takes lots of space since it's the old fashioned technology, it gives superior picture quality over all the other types, at least I think so, and according to my research, nothing beats a tube TV for video gaming, add HD, and it's even much better.

ANYWAY...I'm planning on getting a Nintendo Wii, I am most excited about Zelda, now I wanna know what kind of picture quality am I gonna be expecting from the Wii? will it connect with a component cable to my TV? I know it won't be HD, what will it be though? Progressive Scan? or not even that?

thanks! :)

2. grizzlybrice macrumors regular

grizzlybrice

It will output in 480P, just like the GameCube. And yes, there will be component cables available, hopefully more prominent than the GC ones...

I need an HDTV.... :(

B

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I feel like Europes ambassador here sometimes, minus the Ferrero Roche. If you are European then the Wii adds progressive scan over the composite Cube, also you get the whole better quality image thing. Still 480p but much sharper.

4. 7on macrumors 601

7on

it'll probably be upscaled like a DVD would. American DVDs are 480p (most of them).

5. cartoonfox macrumors regular

cartoonfox

Are you saying that us in the UK/EU won't be screwed by Nintendo by having our PAL Wii games locked at 480i like the Gamecube was?

I'll reserve being super excited until you show me a link that comfirms it. I've been hurt before... ; ]