Nintendo Wii's IM service name revealed

Discussion in 'Games' started by Bubbasteve, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

2. 7on macrumors 601

7on

3. therevolution macrumors 6502

My guess would be to keep the long 'e' sound in "wee" - so you'd get "eem." But who knows.

4. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I'm not sure anything is concrete yet. The only evidence is a registered domain name (along with dozens of others that nintendo might have no intention of ever using). There's been no official announcement that I'm aware of. Would be a cool name though...

5. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

That would be quite nice....YES IT WOULD BE NICE....;) haha
    But i hope it has a wireless instead of having a modem or ethernet cord running into the wii!!!!!

6. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

The Wii most certainly will be wireless.

Nintendo's Wii page is worth checking out for info http://wii.nintendo.com/home.html

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

yup thw Wii is wireless and that. it basically is the console version of the DS (cheap, portable, pushing new gameplay techniques, new ways to interact, weakest to competition, wifi, cheapest games etc).

I like !!M . I don't see them using that. but thats a nice little bit of design.

8. kinesin macrumors regular

!!M - Superb name :D

Nintendo seem to be on fire at the moment, everything is just falling into place for them. E3 was awesome for then, the Wii name announcement worked. The DS lite is going global, and there are a hell of a lot of good games it, with plenty of 3rd party stuff.
    The Wii dev kits seem cheap, and people seem to like do development with the new hardware, plus there's seems to a lot of interest from the public :cool:

hopefull !!M will use the DS as a keyboard, otherwise it's going to an really strange drawing letters in the sky with the Wii-mote.:p

9. jdechko macrumors 68040

!!m me on the Wii. :)

Catchy. I just want them to quit revealing little bits and pieces and just give us the darn thing.

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I dunno, this drip tap is kinda fun. I just wish it was a little more official!

Anyways. The Wii is going to change my gaming life so much. I mean, my gran is planning on buying a Wii just for the web browser/email function for her place in Poland. So there's a communication boost there. I'm planning on buying 1 for my folks villa and gite on the continent and just carry the controllers and games when I want to go away. with the online multiplayers I can still play my family. which I'd like. and the girlfriend all the way at a different uni. fire up for a game of Smash Bros Brawl.

of course, the !!M system being the staple for it all. hah. can't wait for this machine.

11. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

12. Edot macrumors 6502

Rotate

!!M is just Wii rotated 90 degress... Be there, or be square.

13. sethypoo macrumors 68000

Neat! I like it, it's the whole mirror-image thing.

14. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Umm, 180 degrees. No, I'm not a nerd:)

15. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Seems like this rumor is true. Gamefront.de has been correct in the past, and now IGN claims to have checked with the Japanese trademark office and confirmed it.

Bang bang em?