Nintendo's Ticker To BILLIONS Inside!

Discussion in 'Games' started by bobber205, Jul 11, 2006.

1. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

With the upcoming release of the Wii, I was thinking about what game would be unbelievably awesome on the system. Here's the ultimate game.

online Star Wars game w/ real lightsaber controls!

How cool would that be?!?!

2. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

That would be cool, but would require some coordination (swinging one hand, while using the other one to move your character).

3. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

No more so than Red Steel or Metroid Prime (both of which have you moving a character with one hand while shooting with the other).

4. kouljackson macrumors newbie

I always thought that the cool part about video games is that even the physically enempt can preform the most unbelievable tasks...if i wanted to swing a sword for real i would join a fencing class...it's a great idea, but it will soon go the way of the LIGHT GUN(Remember that) and the SuperScope6(what a failure).

5. bobber205 thread starter macrumors 68020

bobber205

Hahahahahaha.

Ok. Seriously. The Wii is awesome. There. Said it. Done. :D

6. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

7. bobber205 thread starter macrumors 68020

bobber205

Oh great...

There goes my patent ;)

BTW you pre-ordered a wii? Where!?!

8. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

It sucks when you get trumped. I thought of opening a pizza restaurant called pi-r-squared but that was already taken :(.

Anyway I preordered mine from TRU in Australia. $AU50 down and you get a free launch title of your choice when it's released (in addition to any bundled game) :). I've never been so happy to hand over money and get nothing in return but a small receipt...

9. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Well, considering that the best way to simulate using a device, is to use a mockup of the controls for said device (or if it's hand-held, the device itself), I think it should be pretty darn successful.

10. myshoeshurt macrumors regular

myshoeshurt

Difference being that with the Wii, the software will fail and not the hardware. The SuperScpoe6 was cool... but yeah, how many rocket-launcher titles can you pump out before it's just agonizing to play?

11. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

by now i'm sure everyone who's ever heard of the wii has though about a lightsaber game for it. If they don't make one, they'll miss out on the oportunity for an instant classic.

The second any such game is confirmed, i'll be at my local eb putting a deposit down. ;)

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Aye, even before the whole speaker in the controller was announced the FIRST thing I thought about was a light-sabre game. it would be fantastic though. But please Lucas/Nintendo/Factor 5. Bring us ONE decent light-sabre game and not countless crap ones :)

13. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I'm hoping at least one good one will be a Star Wars Lego game. I find them quite endearing.

14. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Now what would be badass for a starwars game is if you had two wii controllers, or even three for different reasons.

If you had two and were using almost anyone, Yoda, Anakin, Vader, Obi, etc. etc. One could be used for the light saber and the other could be used for Force push or Force pull, or throwing the light saber. (or force choke)

Now if you had three, you could put two together and be Maul and the third could be used for force push.

15. supremedesigner macrumors 6502a

supremedesigner

oh yeah! with darth vader, darth maul, and gen. grevious! :eek:

EDIT: How will that work if you have 2 lightbaers or the kind of lightsaber that darth maul have??

16. Ringo macrumors regular

Ringo

I thought human only had 2 hand.... Unless your using the force to control the 3th one... :p

Just image how stupid we will look in front of our tv swingin at nothing!! lol!

17. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

The problem with that comparison is that those were both accessories, so not EVERYONE had them. Console accessories have a terrible track record. The Wiimote is a standard - everyone with a Wii will have one at least, and so there will be justification to invest money in developing for that control method, unlike the SuperScope with it's fairly limited install base.

18. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

it's a good idea, but you don't need two controllers to do it. remember the nunchuck attachment has an accelerometer in it; which means a force push/pull is as easy as pushing or pulling the nunchuck attachment.