Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Time for a quick anouncement. I've been developing this tribute to the Supe Nisqually game that Apple gave free to all .Mac subscribers. In time I hope that this version will be better than the original. If you fancy giving it a try then use this link (~100Kb dmg file) http://homepage.mac.com/robbieduncan/FileSharing12.html

This is the first pre-alpha release (version number 0.1). It enables basic play, without gravity and without checking if there are still moves worth making. Hi-Scores do not work yet and preferences for auto-update are ignored.

This version only has 3 levels (which are just for testing). If you do download it then post your comments here.

Note that this App may well not be stable and that no warantee is supplied. If it trashes your system I take no responsibility and you have been warned. But it should be OK!

[Edit - the source will be made available (under GPL) once I reach version 1.0. If you want it before then PM me]

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by W-_-W
I switched two blocks and I got the spinning beach ball of death. :(

Make this program Alpha Beta .01 .

And instead of it might f up your computer say it will and you can't do anything about it.

That will really want to make people play.

yzedf

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2002
Connecticut
Originally posted by MrMacman

Make this program Alpha Beta .01 .

And instead of it might f up your computer say it will and you can't do anything about it.

That will really want to make people play.

Safari??? ;)

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Originally posted by W-_-W
I switched two blocks and I got the spinning beach ball of death. :(

Eek. What specs are your machine. I think this happens when 2 threads lock against each other. I am guessing you either have a much faster machine than me (or perhaps a much slower one). I am writing it on a 800Mhz iBook. To everyone who has given it a go, thanks, I reaslise that it doesn't last long and is buggy - it will get less buggy over time and I will be providing a longer set of levels as well as oppening all of the plugin APIs once they are stable.

Thanks all.

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by robbieduncan

Eek. What specs are your machine. I think this happens when 2 threads lock against each other. I am guessing you either have a much faster machine than me (or perhaps a much slower one). I am writing it on a 800Mhz iBook. To everyone who has given it a go, thanks, I reaslise that it doesn't last long and is buggy - it will get less buggy over time and I will be providing a longer set of levels as well as oppening all of the plugin APIs once they are stable.

Thanks all.

Same as the sig, Dual 1 Ghz, 768 Megs of ram.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
New Build

I have placed a new build (0.1.2) in the same place which should solve the nasty beach ball issues. Basically I have removed most of the threads. Animation is a bit smoother as a result. I have also added a couple (of still very simple) levels. If you want to try it out then take head of the warnings above.

Thanks to those who have given feedback.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.