NISSAN Design. Nice, very, very nice.

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGav, Sep 3, 2004.

1. iGav macrumors G3

mmmmmmmmmm... :) loving the use of atmospherics on this site, with some great conceptual insights into experimental design projects.

much like Yamaha Design this is achingly good. ;)

NISSAN Design

Thoughts?

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

3. monkeydo_jb macrumors 6502

Great site.

However, I don't like the Concept Cars page.

The font looks horrible on my work PC using Firefox.

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I don't know if anyone caught it, but one of the locations in the Serenity demo was "Apple Computers".

:D

Attached Files:

5. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

good eye.

6. belair macrumors 6502

belair

Got to agree, great sites boring cars.
    But then again japanese think differently about cars. They like those small family vans type of things. The all look the same to me. :confused:

7. jayscheuerle macrumors 68020

jayscheuerle

Nissan's leading every auto company out there in terms of design these days, very much taking off where Volkswagon dropped the ball a couple of years ago (Beetle, Passat, Jetta, Audi TT all great at the same time, but newer stuff is mediocre) with the geometric curves and crisp edges, but adding the Japanese flare with a certain "bug-ness" and high-tech looking chrome and gloss surfaces.

EVERYONE is copying them now, though you won't see it for another 3-4 years in the American cars. Mercedes is usually just a year behind these days...

8. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

Japanese cars are my favourite cars (specifically Nissan and what was Datsun). I have a 1972 Datsun 240Z. No one in my area / age group know what the car is but always say it bears a striking resemblance to the 350Z and then it clicks. Nissan/Datsun have been creating awesome cars for years and continue to amaze me on a yearly basis when checking out concepts and whatnot.

9. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

interesting site. i have to say i really do like the new nissan z. i dont like the convertable model though, just the coupe.

10. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Wait, Nissan design = good? Have you people seen the new Maxima and Quest?! :eek:

Oh, nice site though. :)

11. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Awesome website:

Jikoo - awesome

Serenity - great interior, exterior is a lil' too weird.

Effis - effing ugly ;) :eek: :p

Actic - really nice. I like this one a lot. I don't like its interior though, not because it's bright orange, but because it doesn't look very comfortable and almost looks 70's-ish.

Redigo - a little bit too boxy for me, but otherwise nice.

scem0

12. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

I wish Nissan would go ahead and bury Toyota already, but I don't think that's ever going to happen :(

I've worked in Toyota before (at the world headquarters) and most of the people there are arrogant pricks. Toyota cars design-wise, are fantastically mediocre :rolleyes:

13. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Well Toyota cars are good, but they're not exciting, and don't offer much excitement. But they don't have to be excitement to be great. I don't like Toyota too much because I've only ever been in a 1992 Camry (a friend's parents had it when we were kids), and a 1997 Toyota Corolla, which was small as a sardine tin.

I think Honda is just a better version of Toyota, but I like what Toyota did with the Prius, although I think we should just ditch hybrids altogether and use the alternatives that don't produce any pollution. Its possible already, so why not just skip to that instead, right?

And since they mentioned Apple, they're cool. :) Mazda design is creeping up the poles as well.

14. JLS macrumors 6502

15. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a

stevehaslip

its a nice site, dont get me wrong. But its nowhere near as smooth and simple as the yamaha site. Thats pure genius!

16. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

17. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

That's what I'm thinking... Yamaha nailed something special with their site, hugely intuitive navigation, with great diversity in content.

I'd love to see Audi do something similar :D