No 5G on display at retail stores

Discussion in 'iPod' started by wattage, Nov 8, 2005.

1. wattage macrumors 6502

wattage

Here in Arkansas, neither Best Buy or Comp USA have the new iPod 5G on display. I guess the supply is just not big enough to allow display models??

It kinda sucks b/c I really want one for Christmas but I also would like to get my hands on one and check it out first, ya know.

Anyone else find that retail stores, other than Apple Stores, don't have these iPods for display??

2. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Best buy and CompUSA are pretty bad when it comes to new products, especially Apple ones, unless the product is HUGE in the PC world... like when Dell released their XPS line, CompUSA had plenty on launch, and video games and CDs is Best Buys specialty.

3. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

Yeah my local Best Buy doesn't have it either. I'm sure they'll be getting them in within a week or two though.

4. davefan6435 macrumors regular

Over in Madison we have them at both Best Buy and Comp USA. I was out there sometime last week and I saw them on display

5. StangMan04 macrumors newbie

i went to best buy here in richmond and they had them, sold out but 1 was on display, a 30gb 5g

6. guitarded macrumors newbie

ha. hey. whoo. I live in Richmond, VA too!!! Isn't that a crazy kwinkydink!!!

7. StangMan04 macrumors newbie

that is crazy

8. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

mine has TONS! im NJ sagemore

THey even have moives on them!

9. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

10. weckart macrumors 68040

Even Mediamarkt in the Hague has 'em on display. (still no 5G iSkins or other protective covers, though).

11. tamara6 macrumors regular

The BestBuy in Fayetteville had them on display 2 weeks ago. I don't know about now. I haven't checked since I bought mine.

12. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Got my 5G after seeing it on display at a local Best Buy, so they were displaying them.

My local CompUSAs however have really been hiding the iPods. Nothing on display and you can't quite tell what sizes/colors they have in the locked cabinet.

B

13. wattage thread starter macrumors 6502

wattage

Best Buy and CompUSA don't have any on display or in stock to sell, they say as soon as they get one...they sell out (ha ha sell out).

I went to Wal-Mart and saw some 5G in the locked cabinet-none on display though. Does WM get more product than the other two or do people not want to buy from WM???

Tamara-is that Fay., AR, not North Carolina? I love NW AR, went to UofA for a while.