Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wattage

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 14, 2005
Here in Arkansas, neither Best Buy or Comp USA have the new iPod 5G on display. I guess the supply is just not big enough to allow display models??

It kinda sucks b/c I really want one for Christmas but I also would like to get my hands on one and check it out first, ya know.

Anyone else find that retail stores, other than Apple Stores, don't have these iPods for display??

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
Best buy and CompUSA are pretty bad when it comes to new products, especially Apple ones, unless the product is HUGE in the PC world... like when Dell released their XPS line, CompUSA had plenty on launch, and video games and CDs is Best Buys specialty.

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
Even Mediamarkt in the Hague has 'em on display. (still no 5G iSkins or other protective covers, though).

tamara6

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2004
The BestBuy in Fayetteville had them on display 2 weeks ago. I don't know about now. I haven't checked since I bought mine.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Got my 5G after seeing it on display at a local Best Buy, so they were displaying them.

My local CompUSAs however have really been hiding the iPods. Nothing on display and you can't quite tell what sizes/colors they have in the locked cabinet.

B

wattage

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 14, 2005
Best Buy and CompUSA don't have any on display or in stock to sell, they say as soon as they get one...they sell out (ha ha sell out).

I went to Wal-Mart and saw some 5G in the locked cabinet-none on display though. Does WM get more product than the other two or do people not want to buy from WM???

Tamara-is that Fay., AR, not North Carolina? I love NW AR, went to UofA for a while.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.