No access to iTMS

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by serpico, Oct 24, 2004.

1. serpico macrumors regular

serpico

Hi guys, I'm in Canada and until today I was accessing the music store to just browse music, watch movie trailers and videos from the US store. Tonight I checked and cannot access any store. I got the regular Country Warning, then clicked OK and got the 4 flags for the different stores. I clicked the US flag and it brings me back to the Country Warning page and this repeats in a cycle now.

What's going on ? Any other Canadians or other non-available store customers able to browse ? Am I the only one ? Does this have anything to do with Tuesday's announcements ? Maybe upgrading the store... :rolleyes:

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...hmmm....I just tried and I can't get in either...and I was in checking out a few samples just 2 nights ago so yes, something has changed or is being changed....oh yeah!

3. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

maybe THIS?

or it may be that you arn't in the right country?????

iono :confused:

4. broken_keyboard macrumors 65816

broken_keyboard

Maybe they are rolling out iTMS Canada in preparation for the announcement...

5. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

They are making it so you need iTunes 4.6 to access the music store. Which means they've probably made some changes behind the scenes. Maybe this affects Canadians too?

6. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Can't connect to the iTMS US store from Canada using iTunes 4.6. Used to be able to (last monday) to browse samples and check movie trailers.

I hope the Canadian iTMS is coming soon because now we aren't even allowed to peek through the windows of the US store. :(

7. serpico thread starter macrumors regular

serpico

We have updated versions of iTunes in the whole house and same problem. Something is up for tomorrow. I'm at work now, I'll check again later when I get home. Maybe someone else can check through the day ?

8. the_mole1314 macrumors 6502a

9. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

i can

10. the_mole1314 macrumors 6502a

I can now, something happened at my school and I couldn't access it.

11. serpico thread starter macrumors regular

serpico

I can access now. They may have been updating the store for tomorrow's announcement. There's probably a new iTunes coming too in order to access the store as per their warning last week.

12. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

13. FlyingSquirrel macrumors newbie

Use the Search bar to get in

If you are getting the Country Warning loop, you can access the store through the Search bar. Once you are in, however, clicking the 'home' icon brings you back to the Country Warning.

This isn't ideal, but it at least allows you to browse the store.

-FS

14. haiggy macrumors 65816

They are preparing for iTMS Canada. I tried to play some samples the other day but it says "Click here to access another store. You will only be able to play samples," etc. but it wouldn't let me in even though I clicked on another store unless I just browsed categories.