No Airport after Wakeup

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Jeewhizz, May 6, 2004.

1. macrumors regular

Once i wakup my PB after its been sleeping, every now and then, there is no airport signal. I have to turn airport off and then on again for it to get a signal. Does anyone know why this is?

Cheers,

Jee

2. macrumors 6502a

sonofslim

are you using the most recent Airport update? (check Software Update to see if it wants you to install a newer Airport utility.)

3. macrumors member

What router are you using? I have the same issue using the D-Link DI-624 on a new 12" 1.33 PB.

4. thread starter macrumors regular

i am using the latest airport update, and using the linksys WRT54G router... its a random occurence, but sligtly annoying...

Jee

5. chw
    macrumors newbie

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday. It wasn't waking up but on boot up. For some reason no Airport. :confused:

6. macrumors 6502a

sonofslim

so am i. i used to have that problem almost every wake, but that was a few airport utility revs ago. do you have your location set to a custom setting, or the default? sometimes the default auto-detect isn't so great.

7. macrumors member

Whoa, I thought this was only me, so I ignored it. Since I think AirPort 3.3, it has been happening to me (may be 3.4, I dont remember). I am using the AirPort Extreme base station. The way I got it to work, is I have to manually reconnect it to the router by clicking the airport icon, then click 'Other' and retype my stuff.

8. thread starter macrumors regular

I have it connecting to a specific network SSID - and it works sometimes, and other times doesn't :(

Jee

9. macrumors 6502a

mcadam

i have the exact same problem on the network at home - but not at my university... so i guess it doesn't depend on my computer, but on the network!?

10. macrumors member

This solution seems to have fixed the problem on my computer:
    In the Network Preferences, choose to show AirPort.
    Then, choose to join your a specific network by default, choose your Network, and enter your password. I have my network using WEP Password security, and now that I have the password entered into the System Preferences, my computer automatically connects when starting or waking up.