NO Answers to topics

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by iPowers, Feb 3, 2007.

1. iPowers macrumors 6502

I have made somet opics on mac s upport and no one answered to help me and answered everyone elses like my topics are ghosts or something.

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

It's very tempting to have a blank response here.

So, this forum is usually reserved for more specific requests/problems with the site. Perhaps if you rephrased your issue more specifically? Also, if your first post is any indication, there may be a language/communication issue which is limiting the number of responses.

3. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

1. If people don't respond it's probably because they don't know. Make sure you give enough information and detail that we can figure out what you are talking about. Or so we can recreate your problem.d

2. Don't post a link to another forum and say "See <link> for more info on the issue." You can post the link, but ask your question in detail.

4. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

I looked at some of the threads you have started, and I'm not much of a movie editing guy, so I try not to post anything in threads I don't know anything about...

I'm sure he posted here because he thought something was wrong and no one was able to see his threads.

5. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I just checked your other threads, OP. They haven't been up for all that long. Give it a little more time. I'm sure someone will be able to give you relevant advice or at least point you in the right direction. :)

6. BigPrince macrumors 68020

7. iPowers thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah ok. Thanks guys.

I know on some sites, if they don't like you, they don't help and I thought this was some what of that case.

Thanks for answering so quickly

8. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Don't worry, we DON'T like you but we'll still answer your posts.

:p ;) (joking!)

9. m2uk macrumors regular

Could the admins add a feature to show threads with no responses or low amount of responses, as I know if I only have a few minutes to spare it might be better to look at those messages to see if I can bash some help out to someone as a sort of karma thanks for getting help :)

10. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Make sure that your thread titles are useful. Writing "Helllllp!" as some people do, usually ends up in fewer people being willing to help.

Look at the thread icons and the legend for those. It's all there. :)

11. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

I like that idea. People would get a lot more help if there was a quick way to view the threads with no responses yet. :)

12. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Make a bookmark and paste in this url:

HTML:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/search.php?do=process&replyless=1&replylimit=2
    That will find all threads with 2 replies or less... change the '2' at the end to fit your needs...

13. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

I have been at a PC tech support forum for several years now, and we have a link under "Quick Links" to view all unanswered threads. I personally think all forums should have this feature activated because it gives people like me the chance to go around and try to help those that others have not had time to or been able to for whatever reason.

14. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

Yes! It is:eek::D

15. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Who says we don't like you? :confused:

You are like the whiny brat at McDonald's who isn't getting the Happy Meal he wants. :p

Easier to ignore the problem, than beat the parent silly. :D

16. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

I also looked at your posts. It would help if you gave a better explanation as to your problem, and let others know what is going on. Also use spell check and grammar control. This is not AIM or MSN, better presented threads will give you better answers.

These forums are to large for every one to know everyone, so unless you really stick out for some reason or another no one remembers anyone. At least I don't remember most people. I see a thread and I answer it, so no one is "ignoring" you.

You can also look at the views in the forums, if you are getting a lot of views but very little, or no replies then consider looking at your post and see if you can clear things up. Or the other situation might be that there is no outward answer that people know of, therefore no posts.

Hope you get more answers and a better experience here.

-Texas04

17. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Posting the video related Q's in the "digital video" area would probably lead to faster results too.

Lethal

18. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Thank you.

Thats made my day so far. :D

19. PreacherKane macrumors 6502

It's not paranoia, if they're really out to get you.

Support Your Local Musician on MacRumors.com:apple: :cool: