Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The Loop reports that "very reliable sources" are claiming that Apple's much-anticipated tablet computer will not be introduced at Apple's keynote event reportedly scheduled for the week of September 7th. While some reports had claimed that the tablet could see an introduction as early as September alongside music-themed announcements, The Loop's sources agree with other reports pointing to an early 2010 launch for the new device.
Very reliable sources familiar with the product have said speculation of the tablet being introduced during the September event are flat out wrong. The Apple tablet, they said, would not see the light of day until the first part of 2010.

The event in September will be focused on music, which means we could see new iPods and perhaps some updates to iTunes. The tablet computer will not even be mentioned as part of the event, my sources said.

Article Link: No Apple Tablet Introduction at September Keynote Event?

Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
Interesting move. But nothing is official yet.

I think that Apple still should focus on iPods and iTunes in September. What about October for Macs? Could happen then.

slu

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2004
Buffalo
Stupid. If it comes in 2010, they'll be missing the holiday season.

If it is not ready, it is not ready. And at the price point of this device, it doesn't really scream "Gift" like an iPod does.

I would rather have it as bug free as possible rather than rushing it out to be available for the holidays. That being said, I can't imagine buying one, unless it is vastly different then it is rumored to be.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
September is a music only event. Just like last year. October was for notebooks and September music only.

Its best to leave the tablet cooking a bit more if we want something good.

Simgar988

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2009
UYBAATC
HAHAHA SUCKERS! ITS NEVER COMING OUT!

There's a Apple Tablet alright, and its already been made... but Jobs scrapped it and decided there was only gonna be one.

It's on Steve's night stand, and no one will ever get one

i.mac

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2007
Makes sense...

1. Have folks buy your stuff during the holidays
2. Have folks buy your new stuff after the holidays
3. Have two good quaters...

Genius... Apple style.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
If it is not ready, it is not ready. And at the price point of this device, it doesn't really scream "Gift" like an iPod does.

I would rather have it as bug free as possible rather than rushing it out to be available for the holidays. That being said, I can't imagine buying one, unless it is vastly different then it is rumored to be.

Agreed. Based on Apple's track record, it should come as no surprise that this would be an iPod event. iPods make great holiday gifts......

Based on the rumors, I don't see myself getting a tablet either. For me to get one, there would either have to be a really compelling feature/function that would be of use to me, or I would have to feel like getting a new toy. At this point in time, all a tablet would be to me would be a shiny new toy- nothing that I would actually need.

andrew0122

macrumors regular
Anyone say, normal iPod Touch.

That is EXACTLY why they would wait mid product cycle of the iPod I know that they are geared for different needs, but at the same time release the tablet with a refresh of the iPod Touch and I think that people would rater have the Tablet and Apple would lose revenue on the Touch and all of the Apps people would potentially buy. (That is unless the Mac Tablet runs modified Apps. . .)

http://gizmodo.com/5336393/could-this-really-be-the-apple-tablet-os

crees!

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
Interesting move. But nothing is official yet.

I think that Apple still should focus on iPods and iTunes in September. What about October for Macs? Could happen then.

My money is placed on somewhere in the vicinity of CES where they'll try to steal the spotlight again just like with the iPhone debut.

Rot'nApple

macrumors 65816
Dec 27, 2006
I DID build that!
I don't understand what all the hype over this tablet is, tablets are not too popular.

Neither was web browsing on your smartphone or having an app for that, that is, until a company looked at what was available and what was missing and produced the "missing link" product that made the people say ooooohhh, aaawwwww and the competitors say, we have to put out something just like that! :D:apple:

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
Not coming out.

You know this still might a pipe dream, that people want this Apple Tablet. How long as this rumor been going on? Now I am not saying I know, I just don't think there is an Apple Tablet. :/

I mean, what would you use it for?

Hugh

Donz0r

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2006
I don't understand what all the hype over this tablet is, tablets are not too popular.

Neither were MP3 players.

This device is supposed to be revolutionary ala iPhone/iPod, the fact that tablets aren't popular is exactly why this one will be such a hit - it will really bring the tech/ui necessary to create a new genre of mobile computing

rensy

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2009
Apple tv in september too?

For the sake of all that is holy Apple, update the Apple TV!! Never seen so much potential left to stagnate.

Shake-N-Bake

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2009
Usb3?

I think the key is USB3. If they can't get USB3 in the tablet before the holidays then I bet they wait for USB3. Does anyone have any info on the USB3 timetable?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.