no cd crack download for warcraft 3

Discussion in 'Games' started by megank21, Apr 12, 2004.

1. megank21 macrumors newbie

So anyway , i have scoured the internet looking for a place to download a no cd crack for warcraft three and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can go download one?? You can e-mail me or im me if you know of one thanks megan

2. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

A couple things. Since you're new here I should point out that cracks/hacks/warez and other topics are strictly off-limits and can get you banned.

For more info see this thread.

The best bet if you want to play without the CD is to create a disc image using the disk utility program. I don't know if it works on WC3, but its worth a shot.

3. hiei macrumors newbie

speaking of which, how do you do that? is it under RAID?

4. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

yeah, don't talk about cracks here. It'll land you in trouble fast.

You can indeed play without the CD by creating a disc image - it's how i play all the time. (I made my image with Toast though; not sure if disc utility would work, though I suspect it would.) But to do that you need a CD to begin with. And to play on battle net requires a CD key that can only be in use by one player (online) at a time.

5. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

First insert the disc you want to create an image of, in this case the War Craft III play disc. Next either open Disk Copy (Pre-panther) or Disk Utility(Panther). There will either be a menu option, or in Disk Utility a button in the tool bar that says "New Image"

A dialog will pop up asking you to name the file, its best to keep the name the same as the original disc. Also you should leave it as Read-Only. Then you select save. It will create the image (could take a little bit) which will be saved as .dmg file. Now all you have to do is open the .dmg file and it will mount it as if it were the actual disc.

6. hiei macrumors newbie

thanks, however i do not have panther but i do have disk utility and disk copy, im used disk copy and when i went to save it said that it has volumes os x can't read and it attempted to fix it but an error popped up and it stopped however it kept copying... will this affect the game in any way?

will i have to reinstall the game after i made the disk image because when i click on the icon it mounts but then it gives me the install screen? what do you think?

7. haiggy macrumors 65816

On a mac, if you click on the WCIII icon on the CD it will always show up with the installer, not the play. You have to find the program in your Applications folder.

Try fooling around with Disk Copy - i know it took me a while to make my first disk image.

8. yamabushi macrumors 65816

yamabushi

I often create images of games in order to improve their performance as well as eliminate the noise of a spinning CD-ROM drive. It is possible to do this under Windows as well using various software. It can really help to reduce any jerkiness that may occur on low to mid-range systems. It also eliminates wear and tear on your CD-ROM drive and CD collection - no more scratched discs.

I always use games that I own personally. While this may violate the software user agreement, it is not illegal since it is considered fair use. It also does not detract from potential sales for the software developer - quite the contrary. With this method available owners of systems that just barely meet the minimum requirements for a game will be more likely to make a purchase. Please do the Mac gaming community a favor and only use this method for games that you have purchased.

9. phonemonkey macrumors regular

You are so right, it is hard enough to get games for the mac anyways. warcraft is one of the only games for mac you can buy at walmart and it's cheap. buy a copy

10. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

forget downloading anything, i want to know how to make it myself. :D

what's the point of making a full disk copy? that'll just sit on your HD and waste space. you could make a dmg that is about 500k and it works just like the CD, allowing you to play your game.

problem is, i don't know how to do that... anyone know?

surely it's no biggie if i'm just asking to know how to make a small dmg that acts like the full disk...

and yes, i agree more people should buy games. and then they should only use this for games they own. after all, even if you DL a game, you can always just burn it to CD and it works anyway... then you could just make a dmg copy of that CD.

but for those of us with the game (purchased of course, legitimately, not at the markets in Malaysia) who don't want a whole 600-700MB sitting on our HD... it would be really good to know how to make a smaller size dmg for that purpose. anyone? ;)

11. hiei macrumors newbie

im not sure if this works but you could try compressing it when your not using it? theres one way you can compress files using terminal

gzip Wc3.dmg

however i do not know if this works, give that a try to squash it down :)

12. AnotherMortal macrumors regular

A crack does exist

I bought the game for my PC, and wanted to be able to play it head to head at my house on my Mac. I scoured, and did fine the crack, and it is basically an image file that contains the info needed by WarCraft III to think a CD is in the drive. It does help performance and noise. (I have a Cube)

I don't remember where I got it, and I don't think I still have it, (so don't ask me for it!) but I wanted to say that it *does* (or did) exist.

Just to clear any confusion, I *legally* bought the game. Don't pirate games!

13. haiggy macrumors 65816

Oh my gosh man PLEASE find that crack! I don't like the 600 MB .dmg's.
    Yes, I purchased both games.

14. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

but that means you'd have to un-compress it every time you want to use it? well that's better than having it hog the space all the time...

one WC3 dmg i have is only 560kb. but when you open it it's only got a folder called 'Support' and that's it. also, when you 'get info' for the dmg it says available: 603MB used: 360kb. also when you click the dmg it mounts with the WC3 icon as well, not the ordinary dmg icon.

so the mystery is - how to create a dmg that has a capacity of 603MB, but only 360kb is used? i tried a sparse image, but that makes a dmg of 25MB on your HD.

perhaps, copy the CD to a dmg file, then open it and delete the unnecessary items from the dmg? then set permissions to read-only?

any ideas on this?

15. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

Since I've released quite a few no CD images (shhh... I didn't just say that) this is the easiest way to do it. Pop in the original CD, go to toast and and choose a Data CD. Click on advance and choose the appropriate disc type (you may have to try different ones to see which works, hybrid PC and Mac normally works for sure). Click "Add" to add files. Point to the CD, and click add. It's important that you click on the CD and not highlight any of the files so it gives you everything on the CD, including all hidden files. Now you have all the files on the CD in toast. Experiment and delete the large files you don't need, and when you're done go File--> Save As Disc Image. Pop out the original CD, mount the new image in toast and see if it works. If this violates any rules of the board, I'm sorry and please delete my post. I don't mean this for piracy, but I use this since I'm lazy and hate putting in CDs/DVDs.

16. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

ZildjianKX, great tip! :D

so is that WarCraft 3 dmg i've got some of your work?;)

well i'll try that Toast method out. i'd never have thought of that. i'm sure it doesn't violate rules either. so please don't delete. :) or course we're all legit gamers here.

does that Toast method result in what i describe in my above post? the dmg reading as having 603MB available, but only 560kb on the HD? well i guess i'll find out soon enough.

thanks for that tip. :D

17. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

[sheesh]
    Just because you say 'I'm on the up & up' or 'I purchased all the games legally' doesn't make it so. Plus, you MUST paruse the EULA and see if what you're contemplating is illegal (in so far as it goes against the EULA).
    [/sheesh]

18. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

Unfortunarely I wasn't a mac user when WC3 came out... but if you see a UT2004 no cd/dvd image floating around, I did that. I'm not sure about the capacity issues of the disc images after they're mounted, I've never really looked. I'm at work right now, or I would check. It's really silly how they still put CD checks on games when the first thing I do is try to circumvent it so I don't have to keep getting my CD out of my disc binder. As another example, I like my modded xbox because I can backup my legitimately purchased games and play them off the hard drive like a jukebox.

19. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Not really silly since the majority of the people that buy it don't know that can be done. It's a sucker filter.

20. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

21. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

Really?? I have an xBox, and was wondering how to do that? Did you have to replace the HD? Because DVD9 discs take up a lot of space?

P.S.Halo Rules :cool:

22. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

oh yeah! :D whack a nice 80GB, or might as well go for a 250GB HD in your xBox, and the fun really begins! :D

keep all of your games on there, rip your DVDs and store them on the HD... and the possibilities go on. who'd have ever thought that the xBox could become such a great piece of hardware? :D

of course you should read your xBox license/user agreement. i'm pretty sure i remember hearing that such mods will void the warranty.

also, if you want to find out more about modding consoles, there's a video out there on the good 'ol net. The Broken - check out video number 3. it's about a 150MB DL, but it's got some good stuff in there. it's also interesting to actually see how consoles are modded. :D

23. cypher macrumors member

The older xboxes do not suppport a HDD more than 137 GB. You also wil need to solder the modchip onto the motherboard. Its a bitch, but worth it. You can emulate snes n64 sega nad all those old school games on it as well and also store divx movies on the hdd and play them on your tv directly from the xbox.

24. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

I'm sorry, this isn't accurate at all. Any Xbox can utilize a hard drive of greater capacity than 137 GB assuming you have a newer BIOS. It's not a hardware limitation. Older non-flashable modchips don't support this (since you can't update the BIOS), perhaps that is what you are thinking of. You also don't have to solder the modchip onto the Xbox motherboard, you can also use pogopins. I've done both methods, and my current Xbox has been using pogos for 1 yr now without any problems.

25. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

wow. you can emulate N64 and older consoles? that's great! :D

and just out of curiosity... what are 'pogopins'?