"No CD Cracks" -where can I get them?

Discussion in 'Games' started by MacDuff, Jul 1, 2003.

1. MacDuff macrumors regular

Hello all,
    I'm a new gamer and I'd love to find a domain where I can find legitimate "no cd cracks" for games in OS X, in particular Unreal T. 2003. Anyone know? Please help out a fellow man in need! :D

2. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

good luck, you will have a hard time finding them because hardly anyone makes them. last one i ever saw was for warcraft 3. on the pc side you could just go to gamecopyworld and pick one up almost when the game came out. let me know if you find one, im curious as well.

iJon

3. MacDuff thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the advice. That's too bad that no one is making them anymore. Do the game companies do this to keep down on copying the cds? I don't see the huge point to all of it. It's just a nuiscance. I'll check out gamecopyworld and see. Anyone else have a clue? i wonder why people aren't making them much anymore...

4. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

no no, you misunderstood what i said. there are out there for pc games. they just arent out there for mac games. probably not worth peoples time.

iJon

5. neut macrumors 68000

neut

if you have the space...

for whatever game your currently into, you can make a disk image of it and mount the disk. it should be recognized as the CD.

?

this is what ive done in the past.

its nice to have the patches though. its real handy for games at work...;)

that reminds me. i should play gtVC right now.

6. MacDuff thread starter macrumors regular

Neut-

Yeah, i have the space. But how exactly can i make a disk image like that of say UT2003? Have you done it on a mac with a game? I should know this but I don't and it sounds pretty simple. I noticed you mentioned Vice City, you're playing that on your pc right? Is that out for the mac?

thanks for the help if you can give it.

7. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

There is a thread about this it pertains to Warcraft III, but it is the same thing, you want to make a disk image of the CD's using disk copy, after you make the disk image spit out the disk doubt click the image and poof there *should* be a working 'cd-crack' techinally you just copyied the CD your hard drive... but same difference.

:)