No-Cd Patches for Mac Games !!!!!!

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Snowmann, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors newbie

Snowmann

Alright got a question to ask everybody, is there any way to get or make No-Cd patches for Mac Games! There are tones of No-Cd patches for PC Games but none for Mac Games.

If you dont know what a No-Cd patch is then here is the def:

No-Cd Patch- is a patch made for computer games so that it does not require a game's original disk to be in the cd drive to play.

2. macrumors 601

Plutonius

Most people that I know just make an image of the cd on their Mac for whatever game they are currently playing.

3. macrumors member

Unless it is an official patch from the game developer (for example Starcraft/Brood War has been patched so it no longer requires a CD), you have 2 options: creating a disk image of the CD or finding a no-cd crack online. The former, which has been mentioned, is very useful, however it takes up disk space and additionally many games somehow prevent the game from recognizing the disk image as a CD. In other words it doesn't always work. The other option is finding a no-cd crack for the game you want (usually as a torrent). The problem with this option is as you may have noticed, not many exist for mac games. I know I've run across one for Tomb Raider Anniversary, so they are out there. They often also breach the games EULA, are unsupported and therefore can break the game requiring you to reinstall, potentially contain malware, and are generally frowned upon because of the obvious uses for game piracy.

If you're interested in the latter, try searching a torrent search site for the game you're looking for. I have no idea how these cracks are made. They exist but the better choice by far is creating a disk image (assuming you own the disk).

4. macrumors 65816

Signal-11

I disagree that there is any real, credible malware threat for NoCD cracks released by the major warez groups.

5. macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I think its highly likely they contain malware, the pirates have to make a living too.

6. Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

No warez talk, please....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.