no classic on tiger

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jmsait19, Apr 30, 2005.

1. jmsait19 macrumors 6502

so tiger has classic support, but no classic system folder. either that or i cant find it. anyways, i need classic to run outlook and get email at work. so i put in my software restore disc to put classic on, but the disc wont install the classic system folder. it installls something, then asks me to put in the disc i already have in. so i eject the disc, and put it back in, and it does nothing. so it doesnt finish everything. hence no classic system folder.

anyone else have this problem?

anyone have a fix for this problem?

2. trox_355 macrumors newbie

I talked to a tech for Apple support. The engineering folks say that the only way to get support is to install the OS that came with your system (or Panther, whatever you have) and then install the classic support from that. From there, you can upgrade to Tiger. I haven't yet done it, as I already spent a good four hours configuring my system after installing Tiger myself, but it might be worth a shot.

3. dswoodley macrumors 6502a

After a clean install of Tiger I had no problem using my original pb software restore discc to put classic back on.

4. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

I had someone from this forum send me a copy of their classic system folder.