No CMD + X shortcut

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sytrusze, Jan 13, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Hey,

why does Apple choose not to integrate the CMD + X shortcut (cut files from one location to another)? It really makes no sense. At the moment, the only way you this is possible is through third party apps.

Does Apple have a specific reason for not integrating this? (it better be good :apple:)

2. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, didn't knew that trick. Don't understand the logic behind it though. Cutting/moving text is done with CMD X and cutting/moving files is done with CMD + OPTION + V. On top of that, CMD + X is an unused shortcut, it isn't used by any other function so they could easily fix this flaw...but who am I to tell Apple what to do, right :)

4. macrumors 65816

Yeah I know, it's a weird little thing. But Apple doesn't want you messing around in that old fashioned file system anymore :p

5. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's not true. There's nothing preventing a user from "messing around" in the file system. You just need to know what shortcuts work in OS X.

6. macrumors P6

Weaselboy

I believe the concern is that if you do a command-x with a group of files and the power goes out or you have a drive glitch, those files would be in limbo and get corrupted/deleted and your system would be sunk.