No computer for a week or more Ahhh!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by todd2000, Aug 18, 2006.

1. todd2000 macrumors 68000

So I just sole my Powermac G4 on eBay, along with my Old PC, Monitor etc, and am going to purchase a Refurb iMac, but Apple doesn't have any 17" Refurbs at the moment, and even if they did PayPal takes at least 4 days to transfer money to my bank account, plus I have to wait till Apple gets more Refurbs(If they Do). Does anyone have an brilliant way that I can order an iMac today for $1099 or so which is the price of the Refurb, I have just enough in Paypal to cover it. Otherwise im out a computer for a week or more depending on when the get in Refurbs. Are there any sites that sell Refurbed iMacs and accept PayPal?

2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

Its not that bad. I have to do this all the time when my powerbook breaks.

3. todd2000 thread starter macrumors 68000

LOL your not making me feel good about my new Purchase :)

4. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I know the feeling! I was just iPodless for a weekish time after selling my iPod and waiting for my refurbed black 60GB that JUST arrived today. I actually listen to my iPod constantly: be it car stereo, home stereo, on the go, i'm tuned in, so it was a bit rough. You have it a little worse my friend but the payoff will be great.

5. todd2000 thread starter macrumors 68000

Well I jsut bit the bullet and charged a Brand New 17" iMac on my CompUSA Cedit card, and will just throw all of the money from selling stuff that is in my PayPal account at my Credit Card Bill when it arrives. Yay!!! I will deffintly post when I get it all set up, the suspense is killing me im staring at the Box, while I back up the G4, and re-install it to get it ready to sell:)

6. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I think its a combination of bad luck and me maybe giving my computer a hard time ... so don't worry too much. I just happen to have everything that can go wrong happen.

7. Glen Quagmire macrumors 6502a

I just spent the last week in Stockholm, Sweden on vacation. Didn't touch a computer once, or go on the Internet. I didn't miss it at all.

Sometimes it's good to get away from computers for a while, especially, if you work with them for a living (as I do).