No computer for at least 2 weeks!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jer446, Nov 26, 2005.

1. jer446 macrumors 6502a

Dec 28, 2004
    Im very mad right now.. ive been having problems with my iMac g5 rev b for a while now, but it was still able to work.. When i called apple like 2 weeks ago, he told me it probably is a hard drive issue, and wouldnt send me out a new hard drive to replace myself.. so i had to bring it in to compusa.. I finally found time today to bring it in.. and the guy tells me yeah it is definitley a hard drive issue, but it also probably has a power supply issue, imacs have that problem a lot, and then i tell him no.. mine is a rev b.. this guy knows ****..he didnt even look at the computer.. so the next thing he tells me.. the worst thing possible.. is that i probably wont get the computer for at least 2 weeks! I dont know what im going to do without a computer for two weeks..

I didnt realize with my applecare i have in home service.. do you think i would get it any faster if i requested that.. the guy who just looks at the computers isnt coming until like tuesday.. which is anyone any suggestions.. sorry im just venting/.
  2. pknz macrumors 68020

Mar 22, 2005
    Oh dear god I pity you. What kind of problems were you having with it?
  3. jer446 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dec 28, 2004
    it wouldnt start up sometimes.. it would get locked up before the apple and spinning thing came up... and then the fans turned on really loud.. after a couple times restarting i would finally be able to get it to work.. then i also have the smark disk failing..
  4. Counterfit macrumors G3

Aug 20, 2003
    sitting on your shoulder
    Call Apple again and ask them (hopefully someone different) to send out a replacement HD. I mean, almost everything on the computer, aside from the case, is a "customer replaceable part".