No-Confidence vote in UN for Annan

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mudbug, Nov 19, 2004.

1. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Well I can't say I'm dissapointed. Still skeptical till it actually happens.

But, it is almost Christmas.

Thanks for the thread.

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Who would be a good choice to replace him? I heard Clinton was after the job. Personally, I would rather have someone a little less sleazy.

This guy, David Villanueva Nuñez, seems right on the button: I wonder what happened to him?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/05/19/ms_in_peruvian_opensource_nightmare/
    It's worth reading the letter if you haven't come across it before. It's a classic "one-in-the-eye" for Micro$oft and a fine piece of analysis to boot. I'd like to see someone like him do the job.

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

What they should do is have a confidence vote on the whole darn UN! its riddled with corruption,kick backs,favors under the table dealings and more....oil for food etc.... its a corrupt oginazation that is used for the most part to bash the big boy on the block America. I have no confidence in Annan who is as much a crook as Saddam, Putin and Chirac or the many others.

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Of course the UN should be reformed and cleaned up. It should also be supported and contributed to. As for "bashing the big boy", what are you talking about? Comparing Saddam Hussein to Putin, let alone Chirac, is pretty silly, isn't it? Especially from one whose President started an illegal war on false pretences which has led to the deaths of 100,000 people.

5. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

very interesting read,
    but what is the connection with a UN secretary position? Am I missing something?

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

We need someone as independent-minded and as clear-thinking to pull the organization together. That man just came to mind. Who would anyone else like to see in that position?

7. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

i would like to move a vote of no confidence in chancelor Velorum, oops, sorry, Annan

8. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

good question, and a hard one. how about a woman for a change?

Gro Harlem Brundtland
    Mary Robinson
    Chandrika Kumaratunga
    Emma Bonino
    Aung San Suu Kyi

I was going to add Benazir Bhutto, but i don't know with all the corruption charges

9. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

but wasn't that the secret plan of senator GW Palpatine? ;)

10. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

I am afraid I am not knowledgeable about all the good and qualified people across the globe who might be a good fit to replace Annan.

From the US, I thought of Senator George Mitchell.

(I had been thinking of him for Secretary of State).

11. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Yes, a woman would be good! It would drive some of the more macho countries crazy.

I don't think that a US statesperson would be right for now.

It might be a good time to look at moving it to another country though.

Enough croonies (diplomats) come in under the umbrella of the UN, makes ya wonders who is wandering around, and to what end.

12. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

it would probably require a UN military action just to get her out of myanmar...