No "Display" in Device Manager.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Os Xp, Mar 20, 2006.

1. macrumors newbie

I have Xp installed and got mostly everything working (except graphics of course). I was just wondering if anybody actually had a display subsection in the device manager, because it seems that my computer doesn't even recognize the existence of a video card. Also, when I move my windows around they tear really badly unless I turn hardware acceleration totally down, anybody else have that problem?

Thanks,
    - Os Xp

2. macrumors 6502a

jamesmcd

Yeah everything will appear/redraw badly without a Graphics Card. I didn't bother turn down Hardware acceleration, as it doesn't really bother me.

3. macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

You should turn off all hardware acceleration because you have none. Without a video card driver, what hardware will do the acceleration for you? So turn it off.

4. macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

It's like reinstalling windows with a clean install and not having the computer's drivers on there. The video is going to tear left and right. You have nothing on there telling the computer that it can rely on your video card for buttery-smooth goodness.

5. macrumors 68000

I assume this is on an iMac or Macbook Pro? The Mini now has working video drivers, which is awesome.

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, this is on a MBP. Question - do the video drivers on the mini allow it to play games?

7. macrumors 68020

The graphics card in the mini- oh wait, there is none. And Intel onboard graphics don't render 3D well, so, even with the drivers, you really can't play games on the mini (well).