no drag and drop in jaguar 1.2.8

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by K4NN4B15, Jan 26, 2004.

1. K4NN4B15 macrumors member

not sure how i did this, but i cant drag and drop from finder or my desktop anymore. this is a pain in the @$$, does anyone know how to fix it?

2. K4NN4B15 thread starter macrumors member

3. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

well first off, 10.1.x is not Jaguar. Secondly, there is no 10.1.8. I'll assume you meant 10.2.8.

Repair permissions. it'll almost certainly fix your problem. tho you don't really explain the problem, other than you "can't". does it give you an error? where are you trying to drag files to?

smoke me up and i'll come fix the damn thing myself ;)

paul

4. K4NN4B15 thread starter macrumors member

yeah 10.2.8 was a typo, when i try to drag anything it will highlight, but will not be moved by the mouse.

how do i repair permissions?

5. K4NN4B15 thread starter macrumors member

its not a file permission its every file including itunes songs ect.

6. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Well, Disk Utility in your Utilities folder (which is in Applications) can repair permissions... select your disk on the left, then choose the "first aid" tab. But this sounds a little less like that may be the problem. Try it and report back.

Did you encounter this problem right after upgrading to 10.2.8, or was it a while after? have you done anything else, like installed other programs?

paul

7. K4NN4B15 thread starter macrumors member

it was unrelated to an upgrade. It *seems* like this problem -might- have started when I tried to drag a bunch of of files from desktop to trash and accidently dumped them off screen. they reappeared at the top and I just ctrl+click delete but that is the last time i remeber dragging and havent done much since

8. coolsoldier macrumors 6502

I used to have that problem with 10.2.3 that shipped with my iBook. The 10.2.4 upgrade fixed it for me, but I always made it work again by force-relaunching the Finder. Not the most elegant solution, but it worked.

9. K4NN4B15 thread starter macrumors member

the first reboot didnt do anything, but when i restarted after repairing permissions and force quitting finder it seems to work now. thanks for the help =)