No Drag and Drop, No horological clock...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Soton Speed, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Soton Speed macrumors member

Hi,

eMac 700 Mhz with 10.2.8: I have no facility to drag and drop anything - files, folders (in finder) and songs into playlists in iTunes. I've done a brief search of the forums and tried other user accounts/turning off system cracks (Menu meters etc.) to no avail. Any suggestions?

The system clock resets to 1st Jan 1970 after a shutdown and there are no 'items' in Recent Items. Would I be correct in thinking this is the PRAM battery running out?

I assume that the two events are not related. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance,

2. maxrobertson macrumors 6502a

I had that problem before myself on a G3 iMac and I can't for the life of me remember how it was fixed. I think it might have had something to do with USB Overdrive... sorry I can't be more helpful, just note that I DID eventually get it fixed.

3. Soton Speed thread starter macrumors member

Bump.

The above is from the Repair permissions log. I keep getting the above after every run (once a month). Anything I should be worried about?

Thanks,

4. NuDarwin macrumors member

NuDarwin

the symptoms, most likely, are unrelated. the time and date settings can probably be attributed to the pram battery, yes. your other problems are probably the result of

1) directory corruption
    2) faulty hard drive

to fix directory corruption, use Alsoft DiskWarrior. Its the best of the best, and there is no better product period.

to fix the drive on an eMac, take it to an AASP. hdd's on eMacs are really really really hard to remove (and dangerous, don't forget that the emac's still have crt's) so you'll want to take it to a shop.