No Drive icon on toolbar

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by mckey, Apr 2, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Noticed this no drive icon on the toolbar next to the Time Machine icon after installing the 10.8.3 software update.Anyone else have this happen ?

Using a pair of WD my studio 2 TB external HDD via FW 800 connected to my mac mini for TM backup and photo storage.

Attached Files:

2. simsaladimbamba

That is an EJECT icon, click on it and see, what it says there. It is either a third party app or the EJECT icon Mac OS X lets you have there.

3. thread starter macrumors member

Yea I know it an eject icon nothing happens when I click on it other than the no drives message......

I use the finder devices to eject external drives no need for more useless clutter on the toolbar......

Attached Files:

4. simsaladimbamba

Since you called it the "No drive" icon, I was not sure, if you knew.

Have you tried dragging it off while holding the CMD key?

5. macrumors newbie

tried it and works perfectly

don't know if the person you are addressing did because he gave no answer, so here is my feedback. I did try it left click on Magic mouse hold down track off the toolbar and let go - somewhere over the desktop, a cloud icon appeared during drag and drop, and it just disappeared so it was obviously deleted. The suggestion works perfectly! Thank you very much for your assistance