No Good Speakers on iBook g4

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by topspin98, Jul 28, 2005.

1. topspin98 macrumors member

Dec 30, 2004
    I love my iBook,

But theres one thing I would love to get changed. The Speakers.

The iBooks speakers are not LOUD enough!

Is there a second oppinion or suome thing I can do about this that will still Male my ibook portable, I dont want to carry speakers around!

Thanks Jake
  2. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

Feb 27, 2005
    Northern California
    There are a few mispelled words, but i think I got the gist of it. Bascially, the only solution for your problem would be to get some speakers built into a bag or some ultra-compact speakers that you could carry in your computer bag. You would be better off buying some USB speakers for your main desk, and then just put up with the weakness of the speakers while on the go.

Most laptops have weak speakers, as most people have a main desk with speakers. Also to get higher quality sound the speakers usually have to be bigger or engineered to be small, which adds cost. Speakers are so cheap that it wouldn't be worth investing the time. I don't have an iBook, but I know that the Powerbook speakers are sufficent for most things or than music. I doubt the iBook is any different.
  3. .:*Robot Boy*:. macrumors 6502

Jan 21, 2005
    New Zealand
    If ever I'm in a situation where I need extra volume, I just plug in my iPod headphones. They're unintrusive, the sound quality is better than the built-in speakers (but by no means brilliant), and you won't bother the people around you who are too polite to tell you how terrible your taste in music is. :p;)
  4. Mood macrumors regular

Jun 29, 2005
    i did a crapload of research yesterday. Your best bet are quality headphones and the two with the best reviews and best quality are the Sony MDR-EX71SL (35 dollars) on amazon, and the Shure e2c (65 dollars) the shuree2c is cheapest on

If you want a good over the head headphone get the sennheiser px-100 (40 dollars) on amazon.