Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maclaptop

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2011
Western Hemisphere
So there won't be any XP support for iCloud?

Good I say... that old pile of dust has stifled innovation for long enough!

What do you think?

I _know_ that statement is totally incorrect.

There are many national & international large scale fortune one thousand companies that are running very successfully on Windows XP Pro SP3. That's just on the client side.

Conversely, there are many thousands of research & development engineers, still innovating with it. The statement above suggesting XP has somehow slowed innovation is a reflection of a lack of knowledge.

We're not talking food that goes bad & spoils. We're talking one of the most successful version of the Windows OS ever. Love it or hate it, those are the facts.

Generally it's a good idea to speak from a position of knowledge and experience before risking looking foolish by being wrong.

HelveticaNeue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
While I believe that XP is definitely old enough that it should begin losing the support of new technologies, I do weekly encounter people and businesses that still employ it.

That said, if someone is still using a personal computer with XP then I suppose chances are that they shouldn't miss the desktop related features of iCloud.

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
even microsoft has stopped supporting windows XP with IE9 and windows live 2011.

Windows 7 is brilliant, been using it since first beta and it's the way forward. i'm still undecided about windows 8, i think i'll prob not use that new start screen alot, but we will see.

alot of people i know have changed over to windows 7, even the small company i work for, who are years behind the times, are now switching to 7. It's what Vista should have been

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.